April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 pm

It's the quarter-point of the year!

One-fourth of 2013 is past. What is your verdict on your appointments with your organizer last quarter? '

Are you where you hoped to be? Would you like to brag a little, because we are all ears! :D

What is the plan for the next month? What are the tools you'll need?

Here are a few ideas - what are yours?

:idea: Do you need to start over with a clipboard?
:idea: Go around and make a to-do card for individual box/pile/stash/stacks?
:idea: Delegate to family members?
:idea: Plan a marathon session?
:idea: Start recording pounds or square feet redeemed?
:idea: Move your decluttering time up to earlier morning?

Harriet

Re: April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Some of us are following the Focus cleaning schedule in the Organization and Simplification Tools forum, and it might be helpful to declutter those rooms one week ahead. Focus cleaning is adaptable, of course, so even those following it drift in and out of different rooms as needed.

Here's a reference if you hope to find some friends decluttering in the same room "with" you each week.

Week of.........you'll find some of us
4/01/2013 - Decluttering in office/other room as we Focus Clean in bathrooms
4/08/2013 - Decluttering in closets as we Focus Clean in office/other room
4/15/2013 - Decluttering the laundry as we Focus Clean in closets
4/22/2013 - Decluttering storage as we Focus Clean the laundry
4/29/2013 - Decluttering outdoors as we Focus Clean storage

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 am

I have bags of bags to go to the thrift shop they had a sign out that said they needed them.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:00 pm

I decluttered a box in the main office, then the art table desk in there, too. After that, I took a small bin of crochet patterns to sort, put it in the office closet, and will sort through them later. The main office looks good now. 2 empty boxes went to the garage. Will continue to add to my ARC donation boxes, too. Have a purse to add to it.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Yay! :D I was thinking of YOU, here, at the Village! I asked myself: What can I declutter now? :?: And my night stand drawers came to mind! :idea: I went through old orders, which have arrived, so why was I hoarding the receipts? :?: :oops: Also, I found a good stack of info on pacing for fibromyalgia, about goals, and all sorts of good things to read about health, guided imagery, etc... I was so happy to find my stack. I'm going to make a self-help file for it, to file in that office basket I'm slowly putting things back in to. So much reading! So little time! :lol:

I'm taking a few days off work, to be able to just be a "homemaker", read, walk, write letters, journal, and then I'll start working on stories this weekend again. I needed a break, so this break for decluttering and organizing will be nice for 3 days before I resume my working again. :idea: I just hope I can keep coming up with "decluttering sessions" on a daily basis. :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I put all of my bunnies away, which I'd had some out to decorate for Easter, although it's just for DH and me. I then tidied my end table and have books and magazines in 2 tidy stacks, to read and study for work or for pleasure. I tidied the dining room table, the eating bar, put a book away, and tidied the main office art table desk, but it needs to have about 5 minutes or 10 minutes more work on it. :idea:

I have a stack of papers and files on my small office desk, to read, sort, declutter and tile to put away in my small office shelf in that basket.

My 2 sorting boxes of papers in the bunny room and main office are both empty. The 1 box went to the garage, 1 box is #2 for ARC donations, but I still have a small plastic bin with a 7" stack of crochet patterns in it. What I need to do is, take the bin to a long counter or table, sort the patterns by category, put them away into the empty plastic sleeves in the binders they go in, or file in the filing cabinet. I will be decluttering the patterns as I go, if I've got duplicates because sometimes :roll: I "forget" when I've already printed something up and print it again. :oops: I also plan on mailing some patterns, in individual letters, to pen pals who crochet, so I'm "recycling" the patterns, rather than putting them into recycle. If I can bless someone else wiht a pattern they may use or pass onto someone who can, it's great, I think.

:D :D :D HAPPY DECLUTTERING TO US ALL!!!!
:D :D :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:55 pm

I've put the trash out today and that helps. I need to work on the kitchen stuff again I seem to be gathering empty containers for feeding the chickens in and they pile up after time.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I sorted through about a 5" tall stack of papers, files, print-outs from my desktop. I filed several items away, but have 2 thick files to read through. The antibiotic ointment is making it very difficult to read, so I'm going to save 2 thick files to read, for another day. DH has a funeral to attend tomorrow, so I'll have more time then to do that. :idea:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 am

cheering you all!!!!

I love the idea of an appointment with decluttering. great idea
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 am

I rounded up all the containers for chicken feeding put them in a bag on the steps so that helped to de-clutter the kitchen today. Labels are off the cans and points things for school cut out and saved for dgson.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”