May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Dumped trash, tidied a desk up and redecorated it, organized a work station near the recliner next to the coffee table and end table, in the bunny room. I can play music in there while I work.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 29, 2013 12:32 am

I decluttered the laundry basket by doing 1 load towels tonight. Only energy for 1 load this late. Always tomorrow.

I put away a cardigan in the master bedroom, fixed my teddy bear on the bed, and got out clothes for tomorrow. I have them hanging on the walk-in closet door back on a hook. Having the closet orderly helps choose clothes easier.

I'm keeping "things" (Ivy-clutter) off the eating bar end. All we have is the large humidifier in the center of the eating bar. Since my "launch pad" changed to a more hidden area, I have no need to clutter up the eating bar with lists, notes, post-it notes, etc...

Since I'm having the asthma problem, I'm keeping rooms decluttered, like they were right before the window washer came. I find it just takes a moment to walk into any room, do an eye inspection, around the room, to see if anything's out of place. So I'm continually following myself around, picking up after myself so I'm more decluttered. This means, if I need a 2-hour nap, I won't have a messy house because I'm resting. It's so nice to have appointments with myself, like this, to declutter because my mind's more Peaceful, I feel more rested, and it's a win-win situation. DH is very tidy, too, in my opinion, so it's not hard to keep the house picked up with him around.

However, when grandsons come to visit, 2 at a time, this summer, for 1 week at a time, I hope I can keep Peace in mind, or teach them, by reminding them to :idea: pick up after themselves, too. I cannot wear myself ragged and thin, then get ill again. They're very responsible young men, they respect us and our home, so I look forward to their stay. They need not do the work, but just pick up after themselves. It's a good habit to learn at Gma & Gpa's home. :D :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm decluttering the laundry basket of 2 loads of laundry and then the basket will be empty. My kitty cat comes to inspect if I've done the laundry up or not. :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 am

I've loaded boxes in the car dgson said he wants so he can clean up his room so that is on the schedule for after school for him and doing stuff at their house pets, plants, trash etc.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 30, 2013 1:34 pm

I decluttered my end table in the great room, the eating bar, and then I washed the kitchen counters and disinfected knobs, drawer pulls, the microwave push pad, fridge handles/freezer handle, and DW handle.

I have a "project-in-progress" on the dining room table, which when done will be tidied up, too.

My oh, my. I do believe a jet just broke the sound barrier outdoors above our place. Eery! :shock:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm

I sorta accidentally accepted DD's 3 paintings, without frames, done on watercolor board, I believe,into my home on Mother's Day. Tonight, I had DH bring the ladder in to put 4 paintings by DD on the tip-top shelf of the office, out of the way and it looks so much better, to have them decluttered from standing up lower around the desk area! :D

Also, we decluttered the eating bar of groceries.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm

I have cleared off the patio and swept the carport so it's looking better now yea for that!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Decluttered the eating bar by putting away groceries again and decluttered the address book of some pen pals, whom I rarely hear from, whom aren't open and chatty or friendly. I have 10 pals now, which is more than enough with my writing job, crochet, my health and home. :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 am

Great job, declutterers!

Got the recycling taken care of well here.

Following the before-Focus weeks.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”