May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

I added "clutter" to my Nook today, in the way of 5 free books, but they're on health subjects pertaining to me, but one's about 250 heroes and good Samaritans. I'll enjoy reading them, to declutter them off my Nook again. :idea: 75 books. :oops: But much better than the 906 it used to be. :!:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 am

I helped DH declutter the eating bar when he got groceries in from the trunk of the car and helped put them away. :D

I printed out the lists from CEO's site again, filled them out today and there's not as much "Clearing" to do and the "On My Mind" sheets aren't hard things to get done. I filled out my "Weaknesses" sheet, and 2 "To Do" sheets with 4 items per page, with 3 lines under each item, probably for baby stepping each of those projects or breaking them down into steps. :idea: That helps quite a bit, too. So I guess you could say that I "decluttered" my mind, as I filled out my sheets because now everything's on paper. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:17 pm

De-cluttering feed sacks here I realize no need to keep them around as the project I wanted to make from them did not turn out. Yea for getting those out of the closet.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I put fleece & flannel pajamas and sweat bottoms into a larger-than-life Ziploc Big Bag & DH put it in the bunny room closet for me. I'm working on my walk-in closet in baby steps because I'm "supposed" to be resting, but got in a 1 1/2 hour nap. :D I put 2 wool cardigans and some bras, which are too small for me right now, into the hope chest.

I'm thinking about:
1- putting pajama sets together on 2 hangers, rather than on 2 separate hangers, to make more room.
2- putting tank tops under oxford shirts & blouses to make little outfits
3- putting pant bottoms, jeans, leggings, and fleece pant bottoms on hangers with matching tops to make outfits.

I think this will make more of a "roomier" tidy look in my closet, :idea: plus getting dressed in the morning will be more organized and less of a chore and indecision because of not being able to see the forest for the trees. :lol:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 pm

I don't know where to post this, actually. :?: I have a large binder printed from FlyLady for the Home & Office Control Journal, which is keep in my office, where I need to see it. In the kitchen, on the end of the eating bar, I have a daily to do list, but when it comes to putting out my 4 x 6" folder home organizer/control journal, I see "clutter". :( I don't know if I should keep it closed, because it's cute closed and is smaller. :?: I don't know if I should find a cute box or basket to keep it and the to do list in, to make it cuter there at the end or what. It just seems that with my hand sanitizer, post-it note tablet, the to do list, AND folder control journal- things get spread out and seem like "clutter" to me, when I need these things, in order to keep on track during the day. I'm having an awful love-hate relationship with do I or don't I, when it comes to this little quandary. I do have a cute little box, which I can use. I think I'll fix it up tonight, get it on the end of the eating bar and try that this week. I guess I've answered my own question now.

Simply, when does a home launch pad become clutter? :?: Is it how spread out it is? I think if I go for the cute box, I'll be much happier. I can even put my daily devotional in it, which will prompt me to read it, too. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 26, 2013 12:20 am

I found the perfect box for the control journal/household notebook. I found short list pads, which fit in it horizontally. I have a corner in the kitchen, where I have a basket with Weight Watcher books, etc.. which I'm not using. I'll put the basket away, will sort through files kept there, and plan doing a major decluttering session tomorrow.

I'll put my box with my control journal, list pads, post-it notes, and timer where the basket's been taking up space in my corner of the kitchen. This corner is out-of-view from the dining room and great room. It'll free up space on the eating bar, our grandsons will be able to pour their cereal into their bowls, on the eating bar area, where I've been keeping the control journal/list pads, hand sanitizer, etc... I'll have a flat surface there, instead of the cluttered look.

I'll declutter my control journal to re-do it tomorrow, too. :idea: I'd love to get these steps in place, so they're all habits for me, by the end of July, when the grandsons begin coming. :D Their coming is my motivation to get my act together. :lol: Also, with my "stuff" out of the way, in a place where they belong, nothing will be "snooped" in. I'm not hiding anything, but you know what I mean. :lol:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon May 27, 2013 5:17 pm

I took the basket in my kitchen corner spot, which is "mine" or my area where I keep lists, etc... I put the basket away, got out a decorative box, have my little control folder journal in it, with list pads, hand sanitizer, etc.. The place looks so nice and it's great to have a spot for my things that looks nice and orderly now.

Now I need to get to work on the walk-in closet. I just have too many clothes. I need to bag some smaller clothes up to either donate or to wear at a later date, if I lose weight. But then, :roll: where do I store it. I've heard you can't organize clutter- you can only get RID of it! :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 pm

I took a Ziploc BIG Bag and put out-of-season clothes and too-small-of-clothes in it. There was a bare space by a walk-in closet wall to lean it up against. Then I put tank tops, t-shirts, and turtlenecks onto hangers with shirts and blouses over them. I put pajama tops on hangers with the bottoms, so I'm taking up less space in the closet. I rearranged the sections for fleeces, for sweaters and cardigans and turtlenecks. Now I need to sweep the floor and tidy a few things and I'll be done.

Thinking about saving it for tomorrow. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 am

Got rid of some boxes and egg cartons that I do not need, more to go but they will have to wait until after the trash truck comes yea for progress!!!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Night clothes got hung up, dirty laundry went to the utility room basket, and I made the bed. The bedroom looks wonderful.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”