May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am

More progress got the gas can and two bikes out of here sil took those off our hands made for quite a bit of room in the shop! They were happy to have those usable items the we were not using!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I told my therapist I was ashamed how I had 906 Nook books on my Nook. :oops: :roll: She said if the majority of the books were free downloads, she guesses that could be considered "healthy hoarding"! :!: :? We talked about my deleting books I absolutely don't "need". I now have ZERO books archived and my number of 906 Nook books is now 272. Many books are on writing, too, which are for my job. I feel like a huge weight's been lifted from my shoulders now that I have several hundred fewer books. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Maybe I was wrong about Kidney Foundation, in that the driver I met today says he's been the driver for pick-up now for a long time. I guess he is either on staff or volunteers out of choice.

HRH and dstepson filled 3/4 of a rented dumpster today at my ddad's old kennel. This was some pure clutter and some planned disposal of counters from the kitchen area. Very little was saved, and what there is will not be donated but kept in case my children want it. The only really valuable thing is the microscope, although several small items are charming and nostalgic. We are certainly blessed with plenty of stainless steel pans now!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 16, 2013 8:44 pm

My number of Nook books is now 160 and yesterday + today, I've read through 6 magazines, cut out items and coupons of interest for friends or pals, and purged them. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I decided to do more decluttering, so my 160 Nook books are now down to 110 Nook books. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm

WTG IVY!

I took a trunk load of stuff over to the church yd. sale fund raiser for the youth to go to camp this summer.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 17, 2013 1:23 am

Thanks, Nancy! :!: You did great and for a good cause as well!

I went back and decluttered more books and now have 80 on my Nook. ;) It's a manageable # now, I'll continue to look at their free Friday Blog for the free recommended book for Fridays, but if it's not something I'll read, I won't purchase it. :idea:

We have window washers coming on the afternoon of the 22nd. I pray THEY come before my SISTER does, as she's a professional housekeeper on a cleaning crew for work, she used to run her own cleaning business and she also has a very clean house! :!: I hope the clean windows happen before she comes to visit, which is soon. We just haven't picked out a weekend yet, but I'm praying. :idea: :D

What I wanted to say is that when the window washers come, we declutter everything away from the desks, window sills, clean the tubs out, etc... So when they leave, all we do is put everything back and we end up with a decluttered, tidy house WITH sparkling windows! :!: :D :D We have them done professionally because our foundation's up higher, we have high windows and a transom window, too. DH is 71 1/2 and I'm afraid of him being up that high! I read on the internet it's better to only wash your windows twice a year, which I read in more than 1 place, so we do this 2 times a year. Usually sometime in the spring/summer and later in the fall/winter to get ready for Thanksgiving and the holidays. I decided to get out a steno pad, to write down what needs to be done before they come, too, so it's all ready for them. They're a wonderful company, all their employees are great and we love chatting with them, too. :) :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 am

Sigh ~ remember the table that the round table cloth on the deck that I donated so hoping to go buy it back at the yd. sale! :roll: keeping in mind it goes to a good cause! LOL I got it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 17, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 pm

I took mostly everything off the bunny room desk so it'll be cleared off when the window washers are here. I have a project on the desk right now to finish, then when I'm done, I'll wash the desktop off.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 am

I read some Nook books tonight and "decluttered" my Nook down to 69 books now. That's a LOT less than it was the other night at 906! :!: :roll: :oops: :lol:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”