May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Nancy » Sat May 18, 2013 11:38 am

Another bag of stuff left later in the week yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat May 18, 2013 5:14 pm

WTG, Nancy! :!: :D

This a.m., I woke very tired, went to bed for an a.m. nap with kitty cat. ;) I got up, had been crocheting, and it took me forever to get in the "groove" to get to my shower! :oops: I got out clothes for today, put away my bra from yesterday, my caftan and nightgown, so now the bedroom's decluttered- AGAIN- and it looks nice! :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 am

I decluttered items from the back of my bathroom master sink, on my side of the counter. DH has his own sink, side. I put things away, put some items I use daily, in the basket. Tomorrow, I plan on dusting the master bathroom, sweeping the floor, too. Then, I plan to redecorate it with a blue candle on a glass pedestal and a mushroom glass jar with sea shells in it, which is on my office desk. I'm trying to get things cleaned before:

1- the window washers come the 22nd
2- my dsis comes some weekend soon
3- our dson and his dfamily, minus ddil who will be working.

So I have a lot of things to prepare for. :idea: :!: :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun May 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Some hens have to go h. is going to declutter some of those today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I dusted the master bathroom window sill, the tile all around the corner garden tub, the tub itself, and then washed out the tub with Windex and a cloth. After that, I scrubbed the outside of the left side of the toilet, which was the color of the toilet with no "visible" soil, but when I bent over to see the right side of the outside of the toilet? :roll: :!: :oops: :twisted: It had terrible black mold on it! :!: :!: :!: I cleaned it really good, but threw away the cleaning rag. Stooping over killed my back.

We didn't have water this morning because the capacitor of the pump was corroded. :shock: I did manage to re-decorate around the tub, DH worked so HARD on the capacitor, twice, cleaning, soldering, putting it back, taking off to try again. :roll: Finally, he DID it! We got showers! :lol: :lol: So we won't need to buy a new capacitor, but we'll get a new pump gauge. Our pump's submerged and we have 1 water-holding tank on top.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 12:24 am

Window washers arrive on Wed. the 22nd. I stripped the kitchen window sills, dusted, found cobwebs on one sill and black dirt on the white vinyl window frame. Also, it could be mold, since the sink and DW are there, and often times that blind is closed. :?: DH did the cleaning behind the corner country sink, after I'd removed a lot of items, to help him out. So that's decluttered.

In the utility room there is a big cat bed on the right-hand counter, a sink (very small) in the middle of the counter and a dish drainer and pad at the left of the sink with laundry soaps, Clorox cleaning wipes, paper towels, and a pail. I cleaned the counter on the left of the sink, moved everything back, put some things into the washing to wash with towels, and DH did the right side of the sink, because since I'd started the left-hand side of the sink, Miss Kitty Cat had to get up to "help" clean the right side of the sink! :lol:

I was emailing somebody, then in horror I thought, :oops: :shock: :!: 'what about my recycle bag, waste basket, and 3 totes of yarn "hiding" on the left of the bunny room desk, from one of my stash and dash treks. :lol: I've since cleared the place out for the poor window washer. ;)

I decluttered the bedroom a bit, put away clothes, put away laundry on my sofa, where I fold it and watch TV, so the sofa's decluttered again. I decluttered the dining room table full of baby girl patterns (crochet) and a binder. They're put away and I filled the napkin holder, too. I need to do the art table desk in the main office and my small office desk needs tidying, even though it's behind closed doors. (Have a deadline; need tidy desk). :idea:

Happy Decluttering to you ALL! :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 am

I've dusted the TV been meaning to do that for a while!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 1:19 pm

I took the 1 last item off my bunny room desk, which was a healing/cutting mat I also use for gluing on. Then I took 409 and a crocheted dishtowel and I scrubbed the Formica on the desk. I cleaned the art desk lamp, turned it away from the window, over along the wall, so the window washers won't have an obstacle.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Need to make a better habit of tossing diapers on trash day. Sigh missed that again this week. Gr-r! It needs a reminder of some sort.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:08 pm

I decluttered the art table desk in the main office, it looks so beautiful in there now. I decluttered and cleaned the tile on the master bathroom counters with our 2 sinks. I decluttered and re-decorated the end tables in the great room. I decluttered the sofa where I folded laundry twice. The window washers come tomorrow. :D :D

Return to “The Decluttered Home”