May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: May Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello! :D I know this might not sound like a "big deal", but I have about 4 magazines, on the end table in the bunny room, next to my recliner with scissors and an Exacto knife. I'm cutting out 2 stories per issue for my own studying. :idea: I cut out comics, tips, recipes, etc... for envelope stuffers, for pen pals.

I'd recently bought a bra from a place, told a pen pal about it, she asked if they carried her size, which is a DD cup. I told her I looked on the order blank page and was sorry, but they did not carry that size in that particular bra. :( Last night, I sat down, I was cutting through a magazine, and found a bra order blank, for a different style, which also comes in pretty colors AND has DD cups, TOO! :!: :D I promptly finished with that magazine, put the scraps leftover from it into recycle, and wrote my dfriend a letter with the order blank. When I thought more about another full-figured lady I used to know and what brand bras she bought and where, I told my pan pal that info, too.

So with my tiny bit of decluttering, I was able to "bless" another person. We never know when decluttering will do something like for someone else and how much it might mean to them, too. :idea: :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2013 4:04 pm

W.T.G. Ivy! Last week I remembered a few boxes in the shop of seeds I thought I might be able to use for the chickens and did not need them so emptied them out today before the trash truck came yea! Glad that I have some space freed up now in the shed.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks, Nancy! :D

Today I dumped all the trash/garbage into the kitchen garbage can in the pantry because tomorrow's the day we put the garbage can up at the curb. Also, I stripped the tablecloth off the dining room table, with place mats, centerpiece, etc. on the table, too. I washed down the wood top, dried it, put on cobalt blue place mats. In the center of the table, on the wood (no tablecloth-wanted the pretty wood to show) I put an oval reed place mat with a box of napkins, Bean-O, salt & pepper shakers and a 8" tall wooden carved cat playing a small accordion. I decluttered the kitchen counters, washed and dried them, too. Now I'm tired, so I think I'll take myself a rest. I decluttered junk mail and a pkg. with receipts, catalog, etc..., too, from my new bra's arrival. It FITS! :D AND DH picked it out of the catalog! Little did HE know, how when I was about 4 sizes larger, I used to wear this very SAME bra! He picked a GREAT ONE and the straps stay on my very narrow shoulders. :lol:

What I cannot figure out is that my shoulders are narrow, but my fanny sure is not. Also, when I went to get measured at a special place for a wrist brace, the lady measured me and I measured to fit the SMALL size! It blew me away! I know! I know! As we age, GRAVITY sets in! :roll: :!: :lol: But just think how tiny I'd be if I didn't have the "writer's spread".! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 pm

:D I decluttered the dining room table, which had become a catch-all from our yarn-buying trip to Joann's today. I got the yarns put away in different totes. Then I hung up a robe and hoodie in our bedroom and tidied my office desk. I got out 2 gift bags, which others gave to me, with gifts in them, to recycle baby Megan crochet tops and sweaters in, to deliver to them, later this early summer, as I get them done. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 am

Today's Goal: be working on the table soon as I dump the kitchen trash then will put it by the table and stuff can go right in!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I decluttered the main office, small office, the bunny room (again!) and dusted them. I decluttered the inside dining room cabinet shelves and rearranged items on them, too. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 12, 2013 12:55 pm

The house is decluttered and looks beautiful in preparation for Mother's Day! :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun May 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Wow! Ivy yea for you.

H. is looking for things and thinking about what that we have that can go in the yd. sale for the youth at church. I have some things set aside for it then we need to get it transported this week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

I have put a donation bag into the trunk of the car. I believe the Kidney Foundation pickup is tomorrow, and if so, all I have to do is write "K F " in Sharpie marker and set it out at the mailbox. If not, I can drop it by Goodwill.

The KF volunteer who called this time was irritable. :roll: They are just people temporarily required to do community service, I guess. So again I'm asking myself why I bother with having to be ready for scheduled pickups, and with getting phone calls at home, when GW is right along the way to other errands.

To trash, I've lately decluttered an old keyboard.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 pm

H. has went through a bunch of his stuff and is letting go of it for the yd. sale fund raiser at church so we are glad to have a plan for getting that stuff out of here.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”