June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Dumped trash for de-cluttering progress here today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Have the contents of both great room end tables in a box, on a pub stool, near the bay window in the dining room.
Put pretty empty box bottoms with separate lids, to make more orderly storing of items, into the drawers.
I put the remainder of the box tops/bottoms in my office where I work.

When I cleaned the walk-in closet the other day, I told DH, "I sure do have a LOT of empty boxes on my walk-in closet shelf! What do I do with them?" :?:

He said, "Well, I guess I could BURN them, or you could use them for something." :idea:

"I think I'll use them for gifts or something, I might find a good use for, for them."

So now that DH did NOT burn the boxes, I'm using them for organizing drawers. Why hadn't I thought of this before? :?: :?: :?: I did this in the bathrooms a long time ago. Why didn't I think about the great room drawers, too! :lol: It's like I drew a blank when it came to organizing in the great room, but with the dgs coming, I'm motivated to having more order. :) :) It's super they're coming because "Granny's Go-Go-Going"! :!: ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 am

Well, I have totally stalled on my own decluttering process, so it is very inspirational to come here and see Nancy and Ivy doing so well!

Maybe now that DH's family reunion weekend is over, I can think about working on something else.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:08 am

Thank you, Booksaver! :D

I'm slowly continuing sorting through the box of items, which came out of my end table drawers in the great room, too. It's very slow work because I'm putting things away in proper places as I go and also, I get sidetracked when I find things, like index cards with notes on them for stories, appt.'s, etc... :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 am

Some empty boxes went in the trash this week I had hauled out of the basement yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 am

I decluttered:

1- The bedroom by making the bed pretty and putting clothes away.
2- The laundry I'd washed and folded got hung/folded and put away.
3- Groceries on the counter from DH's shopping trip.
4- Mail got sorted & put away.
5- Meds, which came got put away.
6- The dining room table was stripped, washed and dried. (Tomorrow, we'll put vinyl place mats on it because of kids).
7- End table top.
8- I still continue to declutter the box, which was full of 2 end tables' drawers in the great room. The box is down to 1/2-full on one side about 4" tall of a stack. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm

I added clutter to my end table top, but I decluttered it again. I didn't finish emptying out the box from stuff from end table drawers. :roll: I decluttered the dining room table area, by hanging up a hoody I had on the back of a stool. I decluttered our bedroom by hanging up clothes & decluttered the back of the sectional sofa, which had clean laundry, fresh from the dryer laying flat across the back of it. DH got the laundry for me and we each hung and put away our own clothes. Teamwork. :) :) Also, I needed DH to run to the store to pick up some medicine for me, which he gladly did, although he was tired from mowing in the hot sunshine. He's a gem. :!:

Last p.m., I decluttered a basket on the main office shelf, I found a stack abotu 1 1/4" thick of sheets of return address labels, both of my name or DH's name and the plural, such as, "The Smith's". Tonight, I labeled a file, put the stack into the file, so everything's tidy, in one place, won't get wrinkled and I'm delighted I found them. I have a drawer with some smaller sheets, from charities, too. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I read on-line and also, a friend told me this a few days later, how to make "decluttering" into a game. You take 2 dice, shake them, and whatever numbers come up, those are how many items you go declutter! :idea: I did that this morning, finished emptying out the box, which had been decluttered from 2 great room end table drawers. The box is ready to return to the garage now. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi! I worked quite awhile in my office. I cleaned the top of the desk, redecorated it, :D cleaned the top 2 drawers, the top of 2 rolling cards, the plant stand, the top of a bin of yarn, the end office built-in shelves, it looks SO MUCH BETTER! :!: :!: :!: But I forgot to declutter the bottom desk drawers for some reason! :?: :lol: :oops:

Also, Christmas cards went to recycle, except photos of friends, which are their Christmas cards.

Also, I found a NY postcard, sent at Christmas from a "Sunshine Friends" member, to wish me a happy Christmas, so decided to send her a postcard in an envelope with a letter, to thank her again, to wish her a happy summer, and ask if she'd like to be pals, too. :idea:

I overdid, have been resting. Am so worn out. :(

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:52 pm

We're working at decluttering the utility room basket full of laundry. Did sheets, made the bed, did towels, which are drying, and now socks and underwear are washing. I'll run 2 separate loads for bulky blankets for the 2 grsons to sleep with. Want to get laundry caught up because it'll be in the 90's a couple of days. Don't want to heat the house up, plus I'd rather stay cooler by not running around doing laundry and putting it away.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”