June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I decluttered 1 magazine to save 2 stories in it for my Woman's World short story binder. I'm cutting things out now, to send to pen pals, from the magazines. 7 to go. I'll slowly progress throughout the afternoon and this is a JOB I've been meaning to do for months; since winter, really! :oops: Had the magazines collecting in a shallow box with 2" sides, holding magazines, sheers, Exacto knife, and were tucked away from a dash and stash. :oops: Now it's time to pay the piper! :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm

8 magazines were decluttered. Comics, recipes, inspirational lists, articles and good things, such as craft patterns/ideas, etc... were cut out to send to pen pals in baby steps as I write letters to others.

Also, now that I have everything cut out, I've got several recipes, etc... in different sizes and shapes. My next step :idea: is to sort everything by size and category, so the "envy stuffers" are organized inside the envelopes. I'm supposed to be resting anyway, this I find to be restful work, which isn't exhausting or too active. It also gives me a sense of well-being and I'm not upset at needing to rest because I've being productive in a gentle-resting way. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 am

Ivy btdt with the pen pals I've cut way back on those. Way to go on all your progress.

I've de-cluttered another batch of sod yea for progress this feels so good loving that feeling.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Nancy, I had about 20 pen pals, but have about 12 now. Some rarely write, but a couple write often, which are the fun ladies to write to, too.

My appt. to declutter today will be to:
1- fold the recipes, articles, put comics in stacks and put them in a box for pen pals, I've got in the main office.
2- put the box where the magazines and cut-outs were, back into the garage.
3- strip the dining room table, wash it, wash the place mats, and put everything back.
4- try to find a new decoration to put on the center of the table oval reed woven place mat where we keep napkins, salt and pepper, and Beano.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I put the box of clippings in the main office to work there. :idea: It's where my pen pal stuff is kept. I found a pretty floral old stationery box to put folded cut clippings in, too. I stripped and washed the table, dried it, and washed place mats on the eating bar, let them air dry. The table was so beautiful with the dark patchwork design showing that DH and I decided to just use 2 place mats for now. Now we can enjoy the wood and the table will be easier to clean. When the grsons come to visit, we'll pull out more place mats. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Did the triangle (3) shelves behind the walk-in closet door. I hung necklaces, 1 bracelet, pierced earrings, put pins away into the jewelry box. threw away an ugly photo of me and a cat-chewed broken basket, and put away nice kerchief scarves. I put 3 crocheted headbands, for working out, in the laundry. I dusted the shelves. There are many empty small boxes, which I'm saving for gifts, if needed, but if they're not used by Christmas, I'll throw them out. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:03 pm

I decluttered most of the stuff I pruned in our yard yesterday! Yea for progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Yesterday was a "rough" day. :( Asthma, needed to rest more, had a 1-hour nap. Today, I did stretching twice. I set my timer for 15 minutes, dumped trash all over the house, emptied and loaded the DW, and started laundry. I did 2 loads. DH got load #2 out because I was resting. I decluttered my end table top and moved a basket. It keeps getting daily clutter from me by nighttime, then I re-declutter it. :roll:

I helped declutter the eating bar from Costco stuff. :) I decluttered the utility laundry basket and only have 2 items in it. :)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm in the process of getting some magazine clippings I've cut out, which were in a low-sided box, organized, folded and put into a floral empty stationery box. I'm almost done with this project, so the low-sided box got sent to teh garage. :)

I made a list of things to declutter, a few weeks ago, have done a few things on the list, but my idea :idea: is to think through more of what I want to declutter, and re-write the list. I'm thinking about keeping the list on the end table beside my great room chair, so I actually SEE IT, rather than have it hidden away in the kitchen, where I rarely look at that particular list. My idea :idea: is to be fairly-well decluttered before July 4, when family come and grandsons will be visiting with us, 1 week at a time, every other week on and off all summer; 2 grandsons at a time. Also, when they're up in the woods getting firewood with Gpa, I can declutter while they're gone. :idea: ;)

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm

2 picture frames donated to thrift store. I don't even wait until I fill a bag. If I'm going near thrift store, I donate and browse, but usually don't buy anything lately.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”