June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:50 am

Hot Spots - they can get out of control fast. They get in the way of a plan for further decluttering by bringing us back, again and again, to what we've already done!

How do you handle your hot spots? Do you attack them first? Do you try to delegate? Are there ays to keep them from getting away from you?

The organizer at my house has been getting some compliments, yay! How is yours doing? ;) It's the month of graduations for some of us, also Father's Day. For some, gardens are coming into their own and keeping us outside more. What are your decluttering challenges this month?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: June Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

Go to dump done!
Neighbor kid is graduating so I wanted the place in shape they said some thing about a party.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 am

I stripped the 3 round shelves above the appliance garage. I put tea pots on the top shelf, tea cups and mugs on the middle shelf and teas on the bottom shelf.

I stripped the eating bar shelves, dusted them, redecorated them. They look so pretty now.

I dusted the inside cabinet shelves, on the bottom part of the china cabinet, on both sides of the middle set of drawers and inside the drawers, too. I put mugs, seldom used, inside the cabinet shelves, and I save them, which match our pottery Pfalzgraf dishes. So I don't want to get rid of them.

I dusted the office and redecorated it and dusted the bedroom, too.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:54 am

This month room by room needs to happen around here!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I tidied up the top of the 2 end tables in the great room, on both sides of my chair, made the bed, made sure to keep the eating bar hot spot empty still.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

I decluttered and organized 4 dresser drawers tonight. I put panties, which don't fit right :roll: or are too small :oops: in the bottom drawer, which DH and I share. I have tidy panties stacks, made room on the right-hand side for the 2 new pairs of leg warmers, when they arrive.

This past weekend, I made myself a list :idea: of places and things to declutter. I'm slowly marking off the list day by day. Hopefully I'll be finished with the list by Sat. the 8th, but since I'm supposed to be resting with fluids, I won't "obsess" if everything's not done. I can baby step in 10-min. increments, too. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I cleaned up the stuff after moving the camper out wood blocks, moved the hitches in to the shop and spiffed up in that area it looks better now. Picked up after pruning roses as well.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:02 pm

DH & I loaded the DW and he got it running. I'll try to declutter the laundry basket after the DW is done this evening, if I start feeling better. The bedroom's decluttered, no Ivy clothes laying around and the bed's made pretty. ;)

Editing: P. S. Decluttered a pkg. out for delivery to dgd with 2 crocheted vests with matching hats and a color block cardi from Red Heart's site. I'm anxiously awaiting when I'll hear back from Ddil & Dson, about the clothes because my tracking # said the pkg. was out for delivery about 2 hours ago. Ddil & Dson may be at work right now & sometimes they don't pick their mail up daily, from the locked community boxes. I can hardly wait to hear! But it's been decluttered out of our home into theirs now. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Such an 'odd' thing! :!: DH, the other day, brought in his ladder, into my small office, which used to be a craft room. I have 4 very wide, very deep built-in shelves on one end of my office. I had DH take 4 paintings DD did in college, put them up really high in back on the top shelf, so they were decorative, yet out of the way. I came in here just now, to see where I'd taken a pkg. of that flat fiberfill for quilting, and I stuffed it above my craft books, rubberstamping and scrapbooking magazines, which are in magazine organizers! :oops: :roll: :!: :lol: It looks hideous! I walked in here and immediately my eye was drawn to it. No problemo! I've got room for it in the bunny room, on the closet shelf. I sew in there anyway. :idea: But it was so odd to come in the office, not noticing the fiberfill stuck up there, when all-of-a-sudden it's sticking out like a sore thumb.

Do others ever do declutter blunders like this, too? :?:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 am

Worked on our room and it looks great now yea! Other rooms getting in on the the de-clutter action today were kitchen pantry and creativity room.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”