July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 am

Working on the book case got 2011 journals out of here yea!
Also some plates that were not good in the microwave.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Nancy, Is that 2011 journal number the year or the amount of journals? :lol: Just teasing! I know you meant the year. ;)

I set my timer for 15 minutes, started decluttering my small office. I found an article about pacing and Fibromyalgia. I found a folder with these titles to the print-outs to read, from 2009! :!: This is synchronicity!
They are Flylady print-outs and are:

#1 - "Our Monthly Focus - Paper Clutter"
#2 - "How to Declutter"
#3 - "Tips for Not Getting Sidetracked"
#4 - "Take Regular Breaks!"

It's amazing I found these today, in the process of decluttering! I'm going to run and read them NOW! :idea: :!: :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Added to donate bag in car: winter scarf, 2 notebooks, clipboard, leather portfolio, and a supply of notebook paper and graph paper...leftovers from grown kids' school days. They don't want them, so why should I hang on to these things? :)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm

I decluttered in 15-minute increments in my small private office four times x 15 min. to = 60 min. or 1 hour. I've had so much fun! :!: It's being completely made over. It's been a very productive, with rest periods, afternoon/evening. I love the new look. I'm finding story ideas, old poems, etc.. , too. I'm so glad I decided to declutter today.

Next on my list, :idea: is to make a mind map with Bristol board and marking pens. I'm uncertain what the "theme" of my mind map will be or goal date. :?: It could be a combo mind map, meaning work, leisure, self-care and gift crochet. The world's my oyster! :!: :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:01 pm

I still have 2012 journals to do but did the kitchen counters today yea for working in there and getting some progress done it was really bugging me.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 pm

I decluttered 15 min. in the office again. Later, my Joann's.com yarn skeins order came. I opened the pkg. up on the eating bar, sorted snail mail, got it taken care of, and put the yarn in totes in our walk-in closet. I decluttered the closet, hung some yarn totes up, got out clothes for tomorrow, which are hanging on the walk-in closet door. DH took care of the box on the eating bar. That's my journey into the world of decluttering for today.

EDIT & P.S. to Nancy: I have a hope chest full of about 30 journals, I have journals in my office, too. I want to read through them, at leisure, to learn about the weather, hobbies, family, friends, problems, etc... from my journals, so I can use them in plots for short stories. :idea: Also, I recall making references to recipes used years ago, like baking bread from scratch, boiling and de-boning chicken, making hand-made noodles without the machine, or dumplings and chicken, etc.... I'd love to put those ideas into stories starring farm wives. :idea: :D

Return to “The Decluttered Home”