July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Will declutter the eating bar from Costco and grocery store groceries when DH and the boys get back.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Trash truck has came and left yea for more stuff going.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I dumped the household trash. I decluttered rinsed dirty dishes in and around the dish drainer, which were on crocheted kitchen mats, loaded the DW and ran it. I tidied up my my office desk top again, I put a chest of stationery and cards into my office here, where my roll of stamps is now kept and I tidied up items on my end table and put some things away. I enjoy looking around at my improvements.

On my list, when the boys leave on the 28th, next week sometime will be:
1- To clean out our linen closet.
2- Write a list and collect things for a donation.
3- Make room for books and photograph albums, DD is bringing me on Aug. 4.
DD is downsizing into a smaller and cheaper apt., so is decluttering. Several of the books she's giving me, she's read, and she's returning books to me, which are mine, too. I have 2 - 3 shelves in our home, in which I can put books. I books. ;) To "me", books are not clutter. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Good job, declutter buddies!

Bought new walking shoes and threw the old ones into the trash bin which I just took to the curb.

Brought home a small box of sewing patterns that someone donated to the group and no one else wanted. I did not even bring them into the house for a 2nd look, they went from the car directly into the recycle bin.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm

One faded pair of capris thrown out. Found a new pair with my K ohl's cash.

Have 2 like-new bras and a purse to donate. The purse has been well-used considering I got it several years ago for one dollar at a yard sale (it was new at that time). The bras never got worn because they were too big. I doubt I'll be growing into them. :)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Thrift shop truck just came next door they are hauling off stuff for the neighbors yea for a cleaner neighborhood. I've added a couple things to the car trunk to go in w/ donations. Kitchen trash to go out next.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:27 pm

I was channel surfing this after noon and just happened to catch Peter Walsh on the Rachael Ray show he was helping
a couple get organized in 15 min. segments of time. I need to implement that. I've been making some progress by getting up and doing some thing any thing during commercials on TV. It's just been hard to get mojo this week I like what he said "just get started"!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:13 pm

I put the sofa pillows back on the sofa after the grandsons got up, I dumped trash and I'm keeping my end table tidy, and emptied the DW.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I read 10 short Nook books today, went to my Nook Library, deleted them, to make less book clutter on my Nook. While there, I realized I'd already read several others so there are 50 less books on my Nook. :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree that it's hard to consider books clutter. They seem permanently valuable.

Seeing organization programs inspire me, too - Walsh is wise.

:lol: ellephant, that is surprising to me - don't you expect to grow into them?
Did anyone else used to do the bust-increasing exercises as a teen? :D What were we thinking? Unnecessary, unnecessary. :roll:

Reporting a tall kitchen garbage bag for donation out of the closet of the middle-size of our 3 bedrooms. So happy two items were a school-child-age winter jacket and quilted vest with hood - I know those will become important to donation places soon.

Is it difficult for anyone else to let a garment go to donation when the buttons are interesting? I have to weigh the value of keeping unique buttons against the value to another person of having the garment for use. Proud of myself today for letting a dress go, even though it had a matching set of buttons I sort of liked. :?

Return to “The Decluttered Home”