July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 pm

DH got a long lined basket with handles on it, out of the back wall of the main office shelves, to put onto the long table. So he put the magazine organizers, back where the long basket used to be. We'll put books in the basket, for when DD comes on the 4th with books, for temporary storage.

I'm so happy! I won't need to BUY $$ books now! I can read hers, or re-read mine. Then, as I was searching for my shoulder health book, which I FOUND :D I found some books I've not read yet, which I'd love to read. Perhaps after this summer, when my writing job work's caught up, and the grands are home, I can read more then. :idea: I might rearrange books today, to put the ones to read, in my bedroom baskets, and other read books, into places where the ones I WANT to read, were at. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 am

Tomorrow is trash day I've dumped the inside trash will put some out side trash in the morning with it.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 pm

I decluttered the walk-in closet and master bedroom. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:37 pm

I dumped all the trash, garbage day is tomorrow and decluttered the dining room table.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:03 pm

I decluttered the end table, the eating bar full of Costco groceries and a magazine I read last night. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 pm

I decluttered:
1- My end table- again! :roll:
2- The sofa with laid out flat clean dry laundry, which was hung and put away.
3- The top of the bed because I had a clean dry cold load of towels, from the dryer, which dried last night, to fold. I put them on the bed, nearer the master bathroom, where the towels went.
4- My small office desktop and basket.
5- The main office where I keep pen pal stuff and DH has his computer.
6- The bunny room, where the grandsons will be keeping their backpacks, shoes, clothes, hoodies and blankets, pillows, etc...
The boys come tomorrow, I'll try to declutter dust by the time they come, which is on the furniture and will try to dust mop, too. DH will declutter the kitty cat's potty box tonight, before he leaves first thing in the a.m. to get the boys. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:56 pm

My end table, the master bathroom, and dumped trash.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 pm

End table again, only got RID of stuff this time, instead of just tidying it up. Also, decluttered the dining room table, after meals, the eating bar after meals, the dishes awaiting the DW, did 1 load of laundry, so that load's been decluttered from the back of the sofa and put away.

Decluttered a tote bag to make room for the yarns coming via shipping. I'll be all set! And organized. Decluttered my office desk top, the bathroom again. Just trying to pick up after myself, to set an example for 2 dgrsons. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:08 am

I rounded up some containers I use for sorting and got them to the basement that is the next focus area and glad to have them out of the upstairs.

Dump trash today next up as trash day Tues. is coming up again.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Noticed a folding chair on the balcony has mildewed. It's old, doesn't sit well, and will now go in the trash.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”