July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
ellyphant

Re: July Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby ellyphant » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm

I have old sneakers to drop in the recycle box. Also, medicine cabinet, towel ring, and toilet paper holder to donate.

We missed trash pickup last week when we were out of town. Dh would not let me put it out early...he says that is like putting up a sign that says "We're not home, so go ahead and break in now!" He is probably right, but I hate having the trash all piled up.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:40 pm

I dumped all the waste baskets into the tall kitchen garbage can because Thursday's pick-up garbage day and DH will take the can up tomorrow.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 am

Got trash out this week and a few extra things went in this week's pick up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I hung up my gown and lounger dress in our bedroom and put dirty clothes in the utility room laundry basket. Later, I tidied up my office.

We're doing wonderful at keeping the dining room table tidy. We have the place mats on and put on silverware, and napkins after each meal. It looks nice. Dgs-9.5 is so helpful with the dining room table! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:58 pm

I tidied the great room end table tops. Tomorrow, the cable company comes to put in a security system with sensors. DH cleaned his office, which had terrible cobwebs on the floor where his feet go, back behind them where the strip and cords are. Dgrson-9.5 pointed them out to me. :lol: DH cleaned them real good. :) I cleaned my office and the bathroom's cleaned up for the shower door man coming on Friday, too.

I'll be so relieved when we get the security system in because when DH is gone for long periods or when we're gone together, we'll be "connected" in case of a break-in. Also, the company said our home owner's insurance premium will be reduced because we have this safeguard in motion. It sure pays to pick up after yourself because you never know when an outsider will come in to do a job. :idea:

I'm in the process- once again- of decluttering the laundry basket, too. ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 pm

The bedroom is all tidy, clothes hung up, bed made very pretty with decorative pillows. The security system installer will be in there today. Also, the master bathroom is tidy because the shower door installer comes tomorrow and nobody's been taking showers in there because of no shower door. :lol: The dining room table is made pretty and prepared for the next meal, so it is nice. The eating bar, the end tables are tidy and nice-looking, too. It's a "challenge" with company, to keep up on everything, but it's really keeping me moving and proactive, whereas the housework is concerned. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 am

At night, the boys sleep on the sectional sofa, so the pillows to the sofa end up on the eating bar. The boys are really good about putting the pillows back, the blankets back into the bunny room with pillows they slept with. It's nice they declutter. It's very, very helpful. :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Today HRH and I reorganized and purged in the cabinets of boxed food, the cabinets of canned food, and the refrigerator and freezer. We had a tall kitchen garbage bag full to take to the trash. He said he really wanted it done, but didn't want to do it without me. Obviously, we had a few sad moments tossing some items that were solely for my ddad's use. But it was the right thing to do. The kitchen is more of a perishables/priority area than other areas of the house.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Way to go gals!

I dropped off a few things I had loaded in the car trunk.

Got some undies that were the wrong sized showed too much of a line; :idea: all but one are still in the wrapper so I'm going to donate them and keep the one pair. So they are in the car trunk now.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I decluttered the top of the bunny room desk where grson-9.5 was working. I put everything away, so it looks nice once again.

DD is moving next month. She's bringing me books she's read, books of mine she's read, photograph albums of her Gma and I need to make room for items. So it is time to declutter what we DO have, to make room for more, :oops: while it possibly could be only temporary for a few years or so, she said, until she gets more room. :idea:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”