August Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
ellyphant

Re: August Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby ellyphant » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 am

Made a run to goodwill this morning. Took 2 chairs I had picked up last summer from the side of the road. I had fun recovering the seats, but they are not needed here anymore. Note to self: no more roadside projects needed! Also dropped off 3 boxes of miscellaneous kitchen, household and Christmas stuff. Still have a rocking chair to drop off, but that wouldn't fit in the car this time.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:33 pm

I threw out a bra which had started to ravel, the front hooks kept unhooking, it was too large around for me and it kept digging into my shoulders. It had run its course, it was very cheap and didn't hold up at all. :roll:

I read a new magazine, which came in the mail today, cut out coupons from it, to send to a MN pen pal, and I decluttered the magazine into recycle along with some other items, too. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Threw out 2 placemats that had grease spots that had not come out after multiple washings. Also will be donating a dress that still fits, but I do not need to be seen in it anymore! :lol: Got my moneys worth out of it--wore it to a wedding and for a church directory photo, so it is well documented!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Dropped off donations at dil's & dgd's yd. sale they were happy to get those & it saved us a stop.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 am

I stripped the dining room table of dirty place mats, cleaned them, put them away and cleaned and dried our wood dining room table, adding clean place mats back. The table looks much better. I put the glasses from toothbrushes from the guest bathroom and ran them through the DW. I sorted and purged unneeded junk mail.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I threw away a cork coaster, which had a design on top of it. I had put it in the bathroom, for quite awhile, and noticed today, while cleaning, how the edges were worn off due to liquid soap and water. :roll: It disgusted me, so I brought out a nice medium crocheted square coaster, which is washable or easily replaced when I crochet another one. :idea:

Trash from the bathrooms has been dumped. Dirt on the floor of the kitchen and utility has been swept up, and now, DH just did the powder room floor. We're getting "things" together before the 2 grsons arrive tomorrow. DH is taking the garbage out to the can now, I think, from what I'm hearing from my office. I threw away a Swiffer sweeper cloth and Swiffer dusting thing, too. All rooms have been dusted, dust mopped, and even a few cobwebs saw their demise in our master bathroom, via me. ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I put a few more things in the car trunk to be donated and tossed a couple other things.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:56 pm

ARC phoned. They'll pick up Thurs. the 22nd. I've been donating items to boxes in the wide entry way, on the bench and chairs. Many items are scarves and hats, which DD gave me, which she didn't want. I ask myself these questions, while looking at hats and scarves:
1- Do I "really" like this? :?:
2- "Would I want to get "caught" wearing this in public or even in the neighborhood at our community mailboxes?" :?: :lol:
3- "Don't I have other ones which serve the same purpose?" :?:
4- "Do I have one so similar that I can let this one "go"? :?:
5- "Is this the correct style for me?" :?:
6- "Since this was a gift, but I never use it, why do I hang onto it? Why not bless someone who will use it?" :idea: :?:
7- "You can make one like this only in yarn and colors you truly like, so why not let this "go"? :?:

I'm letting little items go, too. Like a CD coaster I made, a potholder a neighbor made, but there is only one. :?: DH will go through his items, too. :D I'm so glad ARC is coming! :!: :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Dropped of a couple bags of stuff at the thrift shop today and need to get a belt to a sweater to them as well b/c I forgot it and saw it was still in the trunk.

I put bags for recycling in the cart today also.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 am

I decluttered nova M*x monitor strips etc. after the recall I was so mad I just tossed the whole works they were my back up ones so no loss. I've learned the monitor and strips I'm currently using is not longer available so I"ll be dumping it next time I get supplies as well. [I'll keep the battery how ever for a back up hoping it will fit the new one.]

Return to “The Decluttered Home”