September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby Ivy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:29 pm

:D I worked on the walk-in closet today. ;)
DH and I got the bathrooms washed/dried and he swept and mopped the 2 bathrooms and powder room.
I got so tired, I took a nap! :lol: And he mowed, too!

Blessed, what you said is terrible cute! ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:15 pm

:D I dumped all the trash from all the rooms AND got rid of 3 glues, which I've not used since about 2003 or earlier, so don't think they'd do me much good now. :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:27 pm

In my rounds this a.m. I gathered up a bag of stuff to take to the thrift shop and delivered it and a bag of bags so glad to get those things out of the car trunk!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 pm

My 2 oldest children and I worked together and removed 3 tall kitchen garbage bags for throw-away from my parents' house. We made a stack of donation, which I'll go back and gather into a bag later. Ds has requested any donations from clearing his grandparents house go to The Kidney Foundation, which he believes is the most needy organization - in our area, at least. I think he has heard good things about them through work.

Smiling also at blessed, standing there in awe. ;) blessed, you're not fooling anyone - we know you can (and have already) declutter circles around us.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 pm

:D I dumped the trash from all over the house. Tomorrow's garbage pick-up day.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:44 pm

:D I did not declutter today, but I did tidy up my end table in the great room by my chair. I somehow found a 3 x 5" card spiral notebook, nearly full, but it had a few blank pages. One item I found were questions I ask myself while I declutter. So here goes:

DECLUTTERING QUESTIONS:

1- Do I love it?
2- Have I used it in the past year?
3- Is it really garbage?
4- Do I have a better one?
5- Do I really need to keep 2?
6- Is it sentimental?
7- Does it give me feelings of guilt or make me feel sad when I look at it?

Also, an idea my Dsis gave me :idea: was if you find something you aren't quite sure if you want to get rid of it, because you like it or somebody gave it to you, if you can't donate it, give it away, or put it in the garbage, you can take an empty box, put it in there. Then, hide the empty box in the back of a closet out of the way, out of view, and remember it's there, awaiting you in about a year, to look through those things again, to make a decision on them then. I have a box like that. I've hidden it on the floor of the bottom right-hand side of our main office under the bottom shelf of the closet. I'm not looking in it until January, when it's a good time to donate items, after Christmas because of more gifts into the house, means that more items can be donated outside the house. :idea:

On Saturday, we'll do a BIG declutter when the appliance delivery men come to take away our old broken and dead fridge and bring in a new one to replace it. :D Oh, I almost forgot. :!: :!: :!: :!: LAST NIGHT, when it dawned on us, the fridge had actually died, we dumped out old fridge things, which went bad, were freezer burnt, we didn't like,and that is all in the garbage can now. So we did a HUGE delcutter last night! :D :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Today I donated the items that
Were in the trunk that I had rounded up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:31 pm

:D Today, we donated our 9-year-old fridge to our Dson. It was a "job" getting it out of here. They needed to take the doors off to get it through our door. It's nice to have something BIG decluttered for a change! :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 am

I love our declutters!!! cheering you on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:22 pm

I have gotten a couple of donations out of the car trunk this weekend glad for that progress.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”