September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Re: September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Kidney Foundation called, so I'll need to have those bags out for them tomorrow. Actually, I might have a small bag from our house, too.

I took the rest of the trash bags from my parents' and put them in the cans - they were overflowing last weekend when the bags were filled.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Trash day tomorrow got that emptied.
Sorted books some went back home w dgd, some back to tye basement and others are loaded in the car for the library book sale next mo. Now I have room for the ones I want to read. I am appreciating the room an ereader saves!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Sure enough, a third bag made up here at the house, so that was 3 tall kitchen garbage bags FULL of donations for The Kidney Foundation today. Getting them out and marked took longer than I thought, so that pretty much was my declutter time today.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am

WTG Harriet!

I got some stuff out of here on trash day the crock pot that I did not like with only three legs had a handle break so I kept the crockery part and lid dson said some thing about wanting a spare I think it will fit the their's. That gave us more room on the counters I put away the toaster.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:01 pm

I spent 1/2 hour:
- putting summer clothes into a cleaned bin in our walk-in closet.
- putting some winter clothes, which don't fit again, like they DID last spring! :roll:
- put some clothes to wash in the utility room, from the bagged up winter clothes.
- hung up some winter clothes.
- swept and mopped the walk-in closet floor.
- put one decorative basket of yarn on the walk-in closet floor.
- mopped in front of the chair where barefoot XBOX 360 players (this summer) had their oily bare feet.
- put boxes of gift bags on top of the bin.

I was so hot and sweaty after that workout! :!:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:54 pm

I decluttered trash from all over the house. This afternoon I'll declutter a yellow gift bag with a crocheted triangle hot pad in it with a hanging dishtowel with a daisy button, when I give it to our dfriend/neighbor. :D

DH could not find a larger bin at Costco. I had a larger bin, than our normal bins, with yarn in it, hiding in the bottom of the bunny room closet with totes, an empty box for my humidifier on it and my sewing basket. I took everything off the larger bin, put the yarn in it into big plastic bags, and took personal inventory of my stash. I moved small yarn bins over to where the large bin had been, then happily :D :D carried the larger bin to DH for his wood bin on the slab on the floor in front of the hearth. He's very happy. :D

I'm very happy I got some exercise doing this chore and I'm very satisfied at my yarn stash. Now I know what I have to work with over the winter months.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:01 am

:D I cleaned out and actually did some REAL de-cluttering in my top left-hand office desk drawer. I needed to find some bank numbers, so I needed the entire drawer clean, as not to lose the two numbers again. Just account and routing. So I found some old notes, 3 x 5's, and papers, had a big handful to throw away to burn. Glad that's done, but then.....

It led me to declutter the office desktop, redecorate the office,tidy and rearrange items, and I'm very happy with the final result. The desk is nearly bare, I enjoy seeing all this wood on top of my desk, to let the creative juices flow this week. Autumn is sort of a season for renewal, when you think of it. The old is dying off and the new is coming; new weather, new seasonal clothes come out, Geese fly over in flocks, pumpkins will soon be sold at the store, and everything seems to be brown, rust, orange and brown and it's warm and festive.

Gee, I must sound like it's the end of my first day of Autumn and I've been writing Happy Autumn letters all day on brown leaves in margins paper all day. ;)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Today I took the crockpot insert
To the thrift shop. Tossed the small coffee maker that did not heat water as it poured through. Decluttered the sm. coffee filters too. It feels great to make this progress. Next I need to dump trash to get ready for tomorrow.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:48 pm

I sent out several letters today, so they're out of here, plus I browsed through 2 magazines, which now sit in recycle.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm

I feel like I'm a "terrible de-clutterer" compared to Harriet, Nancy and others. :oops: But I had an idea! :idea: I put it on my calendar reminders to come to my inbox in the afternoon, which states, "De-cutter Something!" :!: I just didn't know what to declutter today, but the I remembered. :!: Last p.m. I had 3 photos emailed to me of dgd, so I printed some photos up, framed 2, had 1 tacked on the wall, where I had a tack-hole for someone's other Christmas photo. Well, silly me! :roll: I left all sorts of photo paper scraps on the tall custom-made art-table desk in the main office, it was a cluttered up mess, and I cannot believe anyone in their right mind can just make a mess like that, turn off the light and leave! So, just now, I put the photo scraps in recycle, I dumped 2 pens, which didn't work at all, into the trash, and I sharpened a pencil to have next to the writing pads near the portable phone in there. It's much easier to erase and rewrite with a pencil when writing a message quickly than to use a pen, out of ink, or even WITH ink, making mistakes and scribbling. Now, I think I'll put some pencils at EACH portable phone. I also have those little erasers to fit on the end of the pencil. They're cute and are out of places if toddlers come to visit. ;)

I organized books and things on my end table. I have 1 tall stack, about 18" of "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books, but it's for homework, as a writer, to study them. It's a temporary stack, but it's tidy because all the "Soup" books are relatively the same measurements high and deep, only the thickness of them changes.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”