September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Welcome and we hope you'll join us! Here in this thread we encourage each other to give 15 minutes a day (or the equivalent on other schedules) to uncover :roll: and rediscover Our Lovely Homes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of us are following the Focus cleaning schedule in the Organization and Simplification Tools forum, and it might be helpful to declutter those rooms one week ahead. Focus cleaning is adaptable, of course, so even those following it drift in and out of different rooms as needed.

Here's a reference if you hope to find some friends decluttering in the same room "with" you each week.

Week of.........you'll find some of us

First of month - Finishing our declutter of bathrooms
9/2/2013 - Decluttering the office/other room as we Focus Clean the bathrooms
9/9/2013 - Decluttering the closets as we Focus Clean the office/other room
9/16/2013 - Decluttering the laundry area as we Focus Clean the closets
9/23/2013 - Decluttering storage areas as we Focus Clean the laundry
Last of month - Beginning our declutter outdoors

ellyphant

Re: September Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby ellyphant » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Major decluttering of basement and garage has happened here! So far, a wall cabinet, NordicTrak, weight set, and above ground pool and accessories have been donated. These were picked up by a local charity. I will be calling them to come back and take our unused portable basketball goal. I'm loving the empty spaces left behind!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

:D I emptied a tote bag, put its contents away and put the tote away. I purged mail not needed, which was junk for recycle. I tidied up my end table top, took writer's jobs stuff off my dining room table and put them away. I've been decluttering the laundry baskets, they're empty now and the last of the laundry is drying now.

I'll de-clutter my purse soon and hang a sweater up, which is hanging on the back of a chair. Since our 5 big boxes went to ARC, there's not much to throw out except small items, like unwanted mail or things, which are beyond repair, etc..
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

I hung up clothes, pajamas, etc.. in the master bedroom, dusted the bed, furniture and TV, dust mopped the floor and walk-in closet. Then, I got out Tums, for DH, where he puts them on his coaster, to reach over at night and while I was at it, since the end table top's too small for a box of Kleenex tissues, I put on one of those pocket/purse tissue packets on the end table. So, he should now he's loved. ♥ ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 am

ellyphant, how cool to reveal extra SPACE! I know you are enjoying being in it!

Ivy, I never see the bottom of all laundry baskets at the same time. Good job on getting that done.

Sticking tight to our rotations right now, I am working faithfully on office. Files, cubbies, the desk area.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 am

Ivy wrote:I hung up clothes, pajamas, etc... I need to follow your example. I did get some pans decluttered. ♥ ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 pm

:D I read/browsed through 30 magazines, I tore out a few pages with recipes for me and several pages for pen pals, out of Country Magazine, Reminiscence Magazine and out of Eating Well Magazine. I have recipes, nice short stories, comics, embarrassing moments, etc.. It took most of the afternoon/evening, too! :!: But it's done!

The silver box they were all stacked in, went to my bunny/craft room because I'll do crafts in there. As I cut out things or make items, I can store them in the box, or put assembly-line items in the box in nice tidy stacks. I know I could've de-cluttered the box, too, but it's a good size, it's pretty, and I can put it to good use. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 pm

I threw away expired tubs of applesauce, which went bad when they had NOT expired, so I certainly don't want to chow down on that junk now that it's expired! :twisted: :roll:

Also, threw out expired instant oatmeal out of the pantry. Plan on getting some new in, too. 2 boxes were good. Am quitting eating yogurt since I'm lactose intolerant and my last tub had a swollen puffed up lid, tasted like fermented cider or something, it wasn't my "idea" of wanting to become sick, so OUT it went! That's 2 tubs at $6.99/each that got chucked. I shouldn't be eating it because of my lactose problem anyway. So I'm coming up with other breakfast ideas in the meantime. I wasn't happy with the waste, but it's best to declutter something suspicious looking, smelling, and tasting, rather than eat it and get sick.

Why are there so many sugars in low-fat or fat-free yogurt anyway? And why are there so many fats in others? :?:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm

:D Dson taught me how to "de-clutter" an unwanted task bar from my computer, so that's gone now! Yeah! :D

Hung up my nightgown and lounger, decluttered snail mail by putting them into the mailbox to go out to clutter up other peoples' homes, :lol: and DH decluttered the dish drainer, loaded the DW and ran it. I put laundry in the utility room, to de-clutter later by doing it when the DW is done. :idea:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:32 pm

i stand in awe as I watch you all work... awesome.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”