November Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

November Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:37 pm

November is here, we are just a day or two away from being into "maintenance" time with Focus schedule, and the holidays are almost upon us.

Time to be grateful if we see progress that's been made. (Yay!)

But that doesn't mean there's not still time for great use of declutter tactics right NOW! Either small bites at a time or a serious MARATHON session (put on your game face, clutter has met its match!). If it would make your holidays calmer and brighter to neaten up an area starting now, GO FOR IT!

Whatever is going on with clutter in your home, let us know. We're excited to hear!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: November Appointments for Declutter and Organization

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 pm

I did two flings this week and today those bags left.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 pm

I decluttered a cone of kitchen P 'n' C yarn and spare crochet hook to a dfriend-neighbor today. She lit up like a Christmas tree. She had good focus, too. It was a blessing to share/see this today. ♥
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:25 am

I read a magazine and decluttered it to the recycle bag and we put junk mail into recycle, too, but anything with our address on it in the burn because of I. D. thefts, you know.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 am

We tossed 2 old lamps this week.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 pm

two old stained ceiling tiles out of basement and into trash for pickup tomorrow
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 pm

I have been loading stuff from the carport to be donated.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:55 pm

I decluttered junk mail, packaging my new panties came in, and receipt and things leftover from DH's grocery trip. I threw away snippets of yarn.

I put too small of bras in the hope chest, got out 5 journals to read through, hopefully purge pages, and journals to get them out of here. I'll save good pages, which will make good descriptions for stories or story ideas. :idea: I cleaned my underwear/bra drawers to make room for new panties, too. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Decluttered junk mail, which is all we got, the new groceries from the kitchen counter, and I'm still working on the great/dining room area with some ideas in mind. :idea: I have a writer dfriend with a blog and she firmly believes in decluttering, regaining order, and tidy the place before buckling down to write on stories or books. :idea: :) I always think of 2 different dneighbors and how their homes are always company ready when I walk in, pre-announced via a phone call to set up a specific time. In fact, I have 3 local older dfriends' homes I visit and ALL 3 are ready for me to come when I get there, it's neat, tidy, and so welcome, comfortable to visit, calm environments, and it's a pleasure to be in a company-ready home. I want that for my home when it's just me and DH and not only reserved for company. :idea: I like to flip through magazines, see the company ready pretty photos, too. We CAN be that way, with our routines, and baby-stepping. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:23 am

I decluttered the eating bar of junk snail mail, except for 1 bill.
I decluttered 2 journals, tore out personal pages, with doctors' names, etc... for the burn trash, then put the uninteresting journals in recycle. I mainly talked about weather, family get-togethers, exercise, what I weighed, ate and how much coffee I drank. :lol: I doubt very much if any recycle worker would find such things interesting. :roll: IF they have time to read such things. :?:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”