December Decluttering

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: December Decluttering

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:01 pm

An automated phone call from our garbage service said our county's road load restrictions will prevent pick-up tomorrow. The restrictions are to prevent pot-holes from forming and roads breaking up. They'll call again on Mon. to let us know more for next week's pick-up. DH brought the garbage/recycle bin home.

I de-cluttered my desk in the office and my purse. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 am

Welcome, ClosetOrganizerNow. It looks like you have a good system going there. End of the year is the perfect time for it, too.

Come on over to the Post When You Can section. That's the place where we all hang out in the daily threads. One or two other members have said hello to you there.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 pm

I need to see if the kit. Trash need to be taken out.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 am

I read the arrived-today Jan. issue of "Woman's Day" Magazine and put it into recycle. I decluttered the laundry basket by washing 4 loads of clothes today, plus flannel sheets. Some dryer sheets and dryer lint were purged as well. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am

I need to get some of the videos out of here. I sorted out some too keep the rest need to go.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Read 2 magazines, got rid of them, sorted the mail, medications came, so those mailers are in the burn bag, as well as other junk mail with our address on them.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Got a few extra things out in the trash today for garbage pick up. Took sacks in for recycling the other day.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:17 pm

I dumped the trash from all room waste baskets, into the tall kitchen garbage can, to go out into the outdoor garbage can. Also, it's recycle day, so it'll go out, too. The load restrictions on county roads has been lifted, DH thinks, so hoping they'll pick up tomorrow. :mrgreen: :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Decluttering leaves from next door continues.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Decluttering here continues a little at a time. We just got a notice in the mail yesterday that starting in Jan. our trash pick-up days have been changed to Wed. and Sat, recycle on Mon. We pay for only one day per week pick-up, so I may have to change my declutter focus day to a different day.

Anyway, yesterday while doing weekly cleaning, I cleaned out one of the kitchen sink cabinets. Threw away a bunch of oddball plastic containers. That freed up extra space so I could clear off some counter space. The kitchen looks better now!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “The Decluttered Home”