December Decluttering

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: December Decluttering

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Got the 2nd. Ex. Bike out of the basement and outside.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Dumped all the trash in waste baskets in various rooms/bathrooms and washed toilets. :mrgreen:

Put old pen pal letters, answered, in the burn bag, for burning time.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 am

HRH has continued work on a big declutter project of his upstairs computer/office area. He's had help at different times from dstepson and from me. Lots accomplished. Several nostalgic things discovered, too.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 am

I am working on getting some of the videos out of here to short stacks ready to go.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 pm

I put away socks I needed to fold, which were on my hope chest with leg warmers and 2 folded hand towels. I hung up a turtleneck/hoodie over it, 2 pairs of freshly laundered jeans, a lounge dress, put dirty clothes in the laundry basket, hung my robe up, and fixed the bed with DH. Now that everything's put away- which was my clutter-bug junk- our master bedroom looks pretty again. :mrgreen:

Need to dump trash from waste baskets next. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:30 pm

1) I decluttered an order I'd made the 26th, which they couldn't find in their system, they said it must not have gone through, so I cancelled the order. :!:
2) I decluttered a letter opener, which no longer worked correctly- into the garbage! :)
3) I decluttered all of our Christmas cards I Scotch taped onto the walk-in pantry door. :D Why save them for 2 - 3 years to declutter later? :?:

I received a b-day card today, my b-day's on Jan. 15, 2014, so I taped my very first b-day card on the pantry door. :mrgreen:

P. S. Took down all the wall calendars, put b-days on the main 1 in the dining room w/appt.'s, and have calendars by the slider door for DH to throw into the recycle bin when he steps outdoors for more firewood. :idea: It's nice to get things ready for 2014, a day or 2 early. :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 am

I am thinking dynamanic decluttering how can I make that happen? I took bags and bags of videos out to be donated decluttered the ones we can see on net flicks so only kept like 10% that is pretty dynamic. YEA for progress trash is at the curb as well.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:29 pm

"Dynamic Decluttering" I like that, Nancy! 8-)

Return to “The Decluttered Home”