February's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: February's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:04 am

Clothing to donate is boxed up ready to go but I will wait to take it out for a dryer day when I am going to town so I can drop it off..

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Dgson wanted the old ex. Bike so he was able to get his dad to haul it today yea for that being gone!

I had a coat for the baby I got at a yd. Sale last summer so she is wearing it now for the weekend will bring it back with her it stays here and can go with the mom
so she can use this coat and free up closet space here.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 am

I dumped the trash from all over the house rooms' waste baskets.
I dumped snippets of yarn from crochet and paper towels, paper scraps from making Valentine's cards.
I dumped dryer sheets, after using them to remove lint from the dryer's lint trap, making the job easier to do.

I gave an aromatherapy electric wax burner machine to a dfriend into aromatherapy, which was new, a gift to me, but I can't use it: #1- I have a curious cat! :shock: #2- I have allergies and asthma. I felt better to bless her because she went ABSOLUTELY WILD WITH DELIGHT when I gave the pkgs. to her. :lol: It was so nice to see her so delighted and it made me feel so nice because when I received the gift from someone in the family, I thought, 'oh-no, what am I going to do with THIS now?!' But now, since I've donated it to my dfriend, I'm so happy because I keep recalling her happy reaction. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:27 am

Dumped some trash!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am

I put away some dried lol I hadn't gotten to last night, I dusted and put away 7 items in the master bathroom and redecorated it. I decluttered the dining room table, put fresh place mats on, redecorated it, too. I continue to declutter snail mail and hand made cards by getting them done and sent out of the house. It blesses others.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 am

A stack of papers about 5 inches high is in the recycle bin, culled from sewing group file archives.

I donated 15 books to the library last night.

Tossed several glass jars in the trash, since they won't let us put them in the recycle bin anymore. I use a lot of glass jars for food storage, but don't need to keep quite so many.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 am

Trash is out one toy left with the baby.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Getting trash out today was tough. Cans were already waiting on tomorrow's pickup at roadside beyond mailbox but a winter storm coming in made it hard to get anything further to the cans. Really went around the house making sure I had everything, and cleaned out refrigerator of questionables :? and had 2 big bags.

Yay, had a break in the weather and got them to the cans. Now, on the chance the crews can make their rounds one more morning we are set, and the cans are heavier to stand up against winds, too, if crews can't make it. While on the school run I saw a distant neighbor's trash already spilled all around their cans. So glad I won't need to live with waiting trash inside the house for the length of the bad weather, or be trying to press kitchen trash down tightly in bags to keep from having it out in the kitchen. That was worrying me.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I read and decluttered 3 magazines last night.

Today was the day for me to dump trash, but I didn't realize how DH took the garbage can up early in the morning, to the curb, so it didn't get dumped inside the house, into the tall kitchen trash can. I'm under the weather, so I've let it "go" for another day.

I'm just trying to keep hydrated, keep the laundry and dishes up, with DH's help, as well as keep rested. I don't enjoy being under the weather. But who does?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 am

I finally got to dump all that trash all over the house into the tall kitchen trash can, to go outside to the garbage can via DH. :)

I forgot to add how I cleaned up and tidied my underwear/bra drawer, too. :D

Return to “The Decluttered Home”