March's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: March's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:54 pm

I got the trash dumped with recycle and DH took it to the curb. We sorted junk mail and purged it today, too. :mrgreen:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Trash got to the curb this week.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:20 pm

:mrgreen: I decluttered in my office today, after I sent my short story in. I tidied up the surfaces, pen pal things, etc.... I'm so glad. There's nothing worst, to cut creativity and make it go away, than a cluttered office. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

:mrgreen: [color=#008040]I decluttered the dining room table, the eating bar end, dusted the great room, dining room, kitchen eating bar shelves, our bedroom and my small office. Whew! :!:

Tomorrow, we're planning on tackling the china cabinet. :idea:
[/color]

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Put away some books into my hope chest, put some files into a file box, hung up clothes in our bedroom, of mine, and helped get all the laundry put away. I decluttered the dining room table again. Why doesn't it ever stop? :oops: I guess it's larger, it's flat, and so close to my end table, end table chair, next to the kitchen, etc.... I must make it a "non-clutter zone"! :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 pm

I put away some yarn around the dining room table, put it into a big round basket on top of a woven chest with lid on it, next to our TV in the bedroom. Nice, tidy, neat looking. :) Then, I hung up all my loose close laying around in the bedroom, put them away. Then, I tidied up the yarn totes and purses in the walk-in closet. I also was going to file writing away in the hope chest, but found that my portable file holder with handles was just fine for that, where they should be anyway, and there was enough room in it for them, too. DD gave it to me. :)

Now, I'm "itching" to bring in boxes from the garage, to label "ARC" for my next donation! :idea: I have more clothes I was to get rid of. I just ordered a Muumuu and want to get rid of 2 loungers in its place. Like, 1 in, 2 out, sort of thing.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I've had only 4 3/4 hours of sleep, so guess what I've done today? :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :?: :roll: I've turned into a sleepy clutterbug! :oops: :shock: :? I don't know what's "possessed" me. :!: I just am so sleepy, that I can't seem to pick up after myself today.

STOP! :!: :!: :!: :!:

I shall make a vow to pick up after myself prior to bedtime, start out with a clean slate tomorrow, and be a tidier gal. :D :idea:

I picked up and put away clean tops, clothes worn today, and lounger and nightgowns, from last night, which were in our bedroom. I'm "baby-stepping" putting out little hot spots from a messy-Ivy today. :lol:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Purged 2 magazines, after reading them, hung up and put away clothes in the bedroom, and put a lol away. DH put away clean DW dishes, too, after he ran the DW. I put away 1 yarn tote, kept 1 out, because I'm currently working on a project from it.

Tomorrow, I'll declutter my desk since it's Desk Day, to me.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 am

I decluttered 4 magazines today, junk mail, waste paper baskets from all rooms, and some black junk, which appeared in my sink around the drain. It gets hair down below it, where the stopper inside works are. So I have DH "ream" it out with a narrow bottle brush. It brings up the hair, dark gunk, which forms around the hair, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the black gunk is! :?: :?: :?: :oops: All I do there is comb my hair, wash my hands and brush my teeth and spit out toothpaste. Toothpaste is white! So once DH "reams" the drain again, my loose hairs and black gunk will be decluttered again. :!:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm

[color=#40FF40][color=#FF0000]Dumped trash, hung up clothes, folded and put away laundry.[/color][/color]

Return to “The Decluttered Home”