March's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: March's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Today donated a grocery bag of stuff from my fling last week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Living Room declutter week for me. I've let a paper grocery bag full of catalogs and unwanted magazines go today.

I will certainly not be renewing Shape magazine, which I got for free for a year because of buying so much of Kell oggs protein cereal for my ddad. I had a different idea of it - thought it was more about health and wellness but it seems to lean more to beauty and looks, so... boring to me. I've found unopened issues still in the plastic wrap, so that speaks to my apathy about it after the first few issues. Glad I found out. I don't think dd ever even glanced at one.

"Closet Girdle" :shock: I am very familiar with that, Ivy.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I have a "huge problem". It's in the Bunny Room a. k. a. my "sanctuary", :shock: but to look in the doorway, all I see is clutter! :roll: :oops: :!: :? I have yarn bins, which I'm slowly crocheting up, I have out ALL or nearly all, of my paper craft things, to make cards for a BFF for Christmas. I can't think why the mess is out 'now' when it's only March 6. It's time to organize the papers, card stock, etc... put them away, organize the bins, to get a pre-readiness for our grandsons coming this summer. They keep their clothes, to change into, in there, their back packs, shoes, books, paper, pens, games, etc... I've totally gone way over-clutter-board in there, hate even peeping in at it, for all it causes me is overwhelming angst. :evil: HOW DID I GET IT IN THIS MESSY SITUATION? :?: :?: :?: :oops: I'm "trying" to figure out a way to organize the paper crafts items, so they're neat and orderly and now overflowing over the little plastic totes and organizers. I just have no clue what to do now. I need to put my accordion file to work, I think, and also my files and manila folders. I can label the files and folders and have them in a box. I can also decorate the box, too, in wrapping paper, if I'd like to. I have a nice wrapping paper with silver background and different colors of polka dots, which sure would spice the room up. I'm uncertain if I should make a list of ideas or just "wing it" and shoot from my hip when I start working. On-line they say to start in 1 corner and go clockwise, but there is clutter ALL around the clock and 1 area seems related to the other area. I'll dig my way out somehow. I've done it before and I can do it again. :idea: I WILL overcome this room so it's fun to come over to this room! :mrgreen:

I've decluttered the writer's notebook, which now are in monthly files, of things to write. It was on the dining room table, but the table's clean and orderly now. Yaay! :mrgreen: Got an idea for the crafts for the "Bunny Room." All the papers are out of containers, I'm sorting them, will put smaller pieces for gluing onto collage cards into Ziploc sandwich bag and store them in containers. I have it all planned out in my head now, so it's not as overwhelming as it was during my last post. I re-decluttered my end table top, too. I put things in containers, which look more orderly, for now. I have some filing to do in the office this weekend, too. So the decluttering seems to never end. But at least it's keeping me busy and active. ;)

I decluttered the desk, although I'm not done, in the "Bunny Room" and I decluttered the kitchen pantry today. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:01 pm

I've decluttered bras, tops, a bathrobe, a leisure outfit, a lounger, etc.. for ARC to pick-up on the 13th, on Thursday. :D It's so nice to have ease in closing drawers and actually SEE my clothes in the closet, have them hang, rather than scrunch up! :P
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 pm

I decluttered bed socks, bras, and cleaned my bureau drawers very nicely. I worked on the closet again, too.

I read 4 magazines last night, Xacto knifed out pages for articles to read or pass on. The magazines are in recycle now.

I decluttered 2 books, 2 booklets and 1 letter to DD today, to return her 2 books I've read.

I decluttered 8 pairs of bright socks for grands, ages 15 mos., 2 3/4 & 5, a b-day card w/gift, & letter to ddil/dson. The mailers are sent now.

I decluttered the sofa area where I'd been writing on a story by hand, put my notebooks and storage clipboard in the office.

I decluttered the top of the great room end table again, too. It seems that it's a never-ending cycle. There just has to be a better way. Maybe make it a "clutter-free zone" there? :?:

The clutter-free zone on my end table is working! :P It's tidy, but now I need to work on my dining room table. Magazine, patterns, etc.. Just a minute will clean it. :idea: DH dumped trash, took garbage to the curb, as Thursday's pick-up day. I saw 2 waste baskets he overlooked, so I'll dump them. I redecorated in the great room, making 2 places prettier and new-to-us-looking. I have a fever now, so decluttering will wait until tomorrow. I also put books away into cabinets, rearranged my office better, and tomorrow's going to be the "Bunny Room" Makeover day. DH goes to a retirees luncheon from 12:10 - 2 or 2:45 p.m. (however big a crowd there is, depends on the time), so I can use that chunk of time, to work on that room, while he's gone. :mrgreen: The ARC of WA donation's on the porch (covered porch), for tomorrow's pick-up.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Decluttered several newsletters, then emptied and deleted folders. Was just so "TIRED" of the same routine, of having not enough time to read everything, putting them into folders to try and read later. So it's nice to have the inbox decluttered and free of newsletters coming in. I unsubscribed from everything. Just got tired of it. :roll:

Will dump trash and baby step organizing papers in the "Bunny Room" today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm

I dumped trash, have sorted craft papers, for trash and recycle, which I can't use nor need. I threw away 4 pairs of panties with leg elastic on them, because they seem to irritate my groin area and feel uncomfortable. Panties, which have the elastic covered with satin stretch trim or the knit material over them, seem to protect my skin better. I like being more comfortable. :)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm

The "Bunny Room" has been completely decluttered, it looks much-much better, and so lovely. I've got my little "sanctuary" back! :P Also, the dining room table, the eating bar, and great room have been decluttered- again and redecorated, so they are looking nice, too.

DD is coming to stay overnight, so we did a "company ready" move fast! :!: :!: :!:

I'm so glad I've gotten such a huge hunk of decluttering done today. This means I'll have time to do other priority items this weekend and this week, as well as enjoy DD's stay overnight here. ♥

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:32 pm

DD didn't stay overnight, but the house got company ready. Today, I sorted the mail, purged junk to burn and/or recycle and put away a small load of clothes, from the dryer, which were folded on the sofa. I helped put away groceries when DH returned home, too. I tidied up my end table, too. I de-cluttered numerous email newsletters by unsubscribing from them. Whew! Now I need not read-delete or store them in appropriate folders in my Inbox. The time freed up is much better; easier! :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I posted in PWYC about my declutter project today, which will make DH and my mornings run smoother because we won't be running into each other, while he's taking his BS and I'm taking my thyroid med, writing down my fluids drank from the pill, etc.... :D :D

Return to “The Decluttered Home”