May's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: May's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby BookSaver » Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 am

Ivy, you are such a good example with your regular attention to decluttering.

Saturday a DSisIL and I decluttered 1/3 of DMIL's kitchen cupboards. Old prescription pills, expired food, spices that she bought a decade ago when she used to try a lot of new recipes, all went in the trash. A big stack of plastic containers from deli salads went to the recycle bin. Hair care products were moved to the bathroom. Cleaning chemicals and bug poisons were either discarded or moved away from the food. There was a small stack of dishes to donate, and DSisIL said she would deliver them to Goodwill. There were several things DMIL no longer wanted that DSisIL decided they could use, so those went to their car.

DMIL gave me a salad dressing cruet, not valuable but nice glass and better than the one I have. Also a small plastic walnut grinder that I didn't want to refuse when she was willing to let it go, but I'll probably put in my donation pile because I already have one that works well.

While we were working in the kitchen, DH and his DB moved a couple really old broken computers from the floor of her hallway out the garage, where eventually someone else will pick them up for disposal. I think they also found things in her garage and shed that could be decluttered.

This week I can get back to decluttering my own kitchen. :|

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Booksaver, You & your dfamily did a LOT! WTG!

Thanks what you said about my decluttering. I post with nobody else here, so I sometimes feel like I'm hearing an "echo". :lol:

Today I decluttered some things from the eating bar, but still have a nice thank you card, my timer, a small clock, to do list & index card control journal there. It's easy to see them there, & in other places they're overlooked by me.

I took the placemats off the table, replaced them with some pretty white floral vinyl ones. The woven oval mat in the middle of the dining room table is where I put a clear glass vase with a handle and the vase is made at an angle so it leans. I put a large sea shell beside it. Now the table looks like summer because the placemats have 1 birdhouse on them, 1 white picket fence with vines of blooming flowers on the fence & birdhouse. I love how refreshing it looks.

I washed 1 lol, took dirty clothes to the utility room, & tried to pick up after myself today. :) Sometimes that's hard. :oops:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri May 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Worked on decluttering my end table top, donating more nightgowns to ARC, & on decluttering the eating bar of mail in today, as well as worked on the laundry.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 17, 2014 9:19 am

I worked on decluttering the dining table yesterday gotvsome stuff tossed, put some items on the car trunk to be donated.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 18, 2014 7:31 pm

I have 3 boxes filled now, of items to donate to ARC, when they call next time for a front door pick-up. :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 am

Dropped off some donations yesterday.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon May 19, 2014 3:05 pm

I put a hat into the ARC donation box, I have 3 boxes, nearly no more room left in them.

I put winter hats, gloves & scarves into the short bin in the guest closet, added a dryer sheet, for freshness & scent, arranged a few items on top of the bin, for use this Spring & summer. I got out 2 ball caps; 1 for DH; 1 for me, for our head sculpture tree-formed "man", which is natural. It's like a big burl off the stump area of a tree, which was stained. The ball, which formed on it, looks like a man's head. It's in the corner of the entry hall, near the door, so we put 2 ball caps there, for Spring & Summer, for quick protection when we go out.

I hung up a Muumuu, put a blanket into the GR8 room, for napping this afternoon, as it's not 1 of my better days. I'll get clothes for tomorrow, out later, & after my nap, I'll put my blanket away. :idea:

Tomorrow, I'll work on the offices. :idea: I'm starting to get little stacks of this & that, here & there. :roll: :oops: But they're things I need to get to quickly. I just need a quick-tidy trek to organize things again. The desk looks fairly well. :mrgreen: I need to strip the dining room table, wash & dry the wood table, & put placemats back. I'm not 100% today, so it might get postponed until tomorrow. :idea: It's so hard to do EVERYTHING on days when you're not feeling real well & the soup's been knocked out of you. :o :(

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

End table & eating bar are decluttered now.

Started box #4 for ARC. Put 1 men's bathrobe in it & a dozen of my knee socks, since DH gave me 3 prs. of socks & boughgt me 6 prs. of socks today.

We put groceries away & purged junk mail.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed May 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Dumped household trash, so DH could take the garbage can up.

Sorted & purged the junk mail.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Dropped off some bags to recycle this afternoon.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”