June's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: June's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Cleaned up dgsons ck. Boots too sm. and donated them today.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Decluttered great room end table & put the large basket in the office since it has work stuff in it. I didn't like the clutter in the great room on my end table. Put pretty notebooks, 1 decorative file & books horizontal. Have a mug with pens, pencils & scissors on top of 1 book stack. It seems that organizing & decorating magazines are using a lot of horizontal books in their example decorative photos lately. It's a nice fresh look. Am considering getting out a sea shell for summer, onto 1 stack, too, to add some simplicity pizazz to it. :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:20 pm

I put three XXL shirts/bloused in the ARC donation boxes. They were too large, unattractive on me, kept attracting hairs & threads, wrinkled in my closet, so it was time to pass them along to someone they'll fit. They'll be good for doing housework or yardwork, since there are no stains or holes in/on them.

We got the snail mail decluttered off the eating bar a. s. a. p. today.

I'm tidying up the end table, as I write in 2 different journals & work on story outlines. I just put messes back, tidy the table up, so it's an on-going process, but it's working for me, keeping it neat & nice to look at.

I'm decluttering the laundry basket today. 1 load to go after this one.

I'll be decluttering incoming snail mail, as I reply to them, to mail out tomorrow, this evening, too.

We declutter recycle from the house to the bin next to the sliding glass door daily, too. DH took garbage out again yesterday or today.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:09 pm

ARC came in their truck today to pick up 5 boxes or 6? So I decluttered a LOT of things from my house! :mrgreen:

Later today, we decluttered the eating bar of groceries & snail mail. After dinner, we did it again.

DH decluttered dirty dishes into the DW & is running them now.

Tomorrow, I'll declutter the laundry basket because Dgs goes home at 11 a.m. on Saturday the 28th. We'll MISS HIM! :!: :(

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Eating bar got decluttered after shopping at Walmart & we now have a completely bare laundry basket, too. :D

Decluttered some pen pals who weren't a right "fit" for me emotionally. I don't care to be dumped on or preached at. It doesn't help my stress level nor Gastritis symptoms brought along by stress. I feel much freer & better about myself now that I won't feel obligated to be worn down by negative letters. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, for her best interests.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:29 pm

I decluttered the end of the eating bar, the mail from the eating bar, & sheets off the bed. The sheets are clean & dry & back on the bed.

I have 2 nightgowns for my next ARC donation, so far.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

The other donation group called and said they would have a truck in our area. I declined. I just don't want to start a second relationship with a group whose trucks will plan to come in future. That just doesn't seem wise.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 pm

I decluttered my end table basket this evening. I'm sending a book to DD, for a permanent home there. So off that will go tomorrow. I sorted/purged mail, sent the garbage out to the garbage can outdoors. I decluttered my bras/underwear drawers, too.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “The Decluttered Home”