June's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: June's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Ivy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 pm

1 full HOUR on sorting, purging, reading office files in the Rubbermaid file storage container.
Then, I decluttered the eating bar, where my file box was.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Donated items I loaded into the car trunk the other day.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:47 pm

I got a long low box with hand holes in it, put in a bunch of books to return to DD, which I'm not interested in reading or I've read them. Also, I put in some of my books, for her to read, to let me know what she thought. One was written by her Dfather's name, but DH isn't an author! :lol: I wanted her to read the book, to see what she thought about it. It's an old one.

I put another top into the ARC recycle boxes. I cannot think of anymore clothes to donate. I had a glint of an idea, to get rid of my crohook and leaflets, which go with it, but then again, it's something I'd like to learn to do someday, so decided not to get rid of them.

I may go through my pattern leaflets, in my files, to donate. I have so many given to me by Dmom, Dfriends, some I've bought, but they're outdated or too complicated or I don't like them. I have a Gooseberry Patch book I may donate, too, as I don't do Christmas crafting items, nor do I bake for Christmas, unless it's a mix kit of cookies to bake. I want to get my house decluttered so it's easier to find items, so I have peace of mind, and feel more relaxed as I go from room to room. It's not "really bad," but there are spots that I KNOW are there, so clutter just has to go.

Once, a mental health professional told me: "An orderly environment yields an orderly mind," when she found out how I'd donated 5 - 6 big garbage trash bags full of clothes to the Senior Center's rummage sale store to raise money for their Senior free lunch program. :mrgreen: It was so hard to "let go", but why was I keeping clothes 3 sizes larger than me? To grow back INTO them?????? I THINK NOT! So out they went to bless others much more than they blessed me. :)

I believe decluttering is good for the mind and soul. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:47 pm

I stripped the tablecloth off the table and donated it to ARC because it's too small for my table, it's white, and I don't like it. DD gave it to me, when she was sorting stuff and throwing them away, donating them, giving them away as she was going through her divorce.

I put a pink jacquard tablecloth on, which my Dmil had given me, and put on cobalt blue placemats. I have a woven mat with a glass picture with a handle, which is a diagonal decorative picture on the mat with a large white and pink sea shell. It looks so nice.

I took the papers and a box off the pub stools at the table and put them away, too. I tidied the eating bar, sorted and purged mail, and will work on my end table basket tonight or in the morning.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm

I decluttered my Inbox with its many folders, so it's all clean, except for the family folder b/c of photos and emails to slowly read/sort through. I left the "Editors", "Writing to do", "Writing business," etc... folders alone- for now.

I'm in the process of decluttering the dining room of yarn totes and my end table basket, too. I'll get it done by dinner time or lunchtime. Will report later.

I got the basket decluttered, decluttered the eating bar twice, from 2-stores-in-1-trip and later 1 store trip that DH made today. Needed to put groceries, etc... away. The house looks nice. :mrgreen:

Am decluttering books and pattern leaflets into a long low box for ARC and read through and put several issues of "Writer's Digest" Magazines in a box for dgrson-15.5 who is also a writer.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 pm

I decluttered again. I put more items into the ARC donation box. I put 1 pr. p. j.'s in the box of books, for DD, tomorrow, along with 1 nightshirt and 2 nightgowns. I decluttered my desktop again, in my office, so I can keep the door open on Father's Day, so DD can see how pretty I've re-decorated it.

I'm also decluttering pen pal snail mail, from my office, as I answer each letter. The letters and envelopes go into the burn bag for when it's wetter and there is no burn ban here. Slowly, but surely, I'll try to finish my snail mail by bedtime. :idea: :)

I decluttered the laundry basket by doing 2 lol and putting them away, too. :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Garbage to curb, office, mailers to submit tomorrow will be decluttered, & getting the laundry decluttered.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

1- office desk & shelves
2- eating bar
3- master bathroom
4- purged 4 magazines after reading them
5- master bedroom :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:21 pm

1- The rest of the office shelves, so it's perfect now. I'm Very Happy with the new look. :)
2- Stripped the tablecloth & mats off the dining room table, put new on.
3- Sorted & purged mail that was junk.
4- Decluttered on the laundry; only 1 load of clothes tomorrow w/a load of bathroom rugs left.
5- Delcuttering old letters & envelopes, as I answer mail.
6- Read another "Writer's Digest" Magazine, put it into the box for Dgrson-15.5 who writes.
7- Beads, bead kits, fishing tackle box full of beads & accessories for making jewelry, moved into the main office where there is more room. It'll be a quick & easier trip to the big desk in the bunny room, for when I make jewelry again. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Decluttered so far:

1- ALL trash & garbage dumped.
2- Read & purged 2 magazines.
3- Am decluttering the laundry basket by doing LOL's.
4- Rotten bananas went to the garbage. (They cause me Gastritis symptoms.) :roll:
5- Leftovers got ditched.

I won't have anymore to declutter today, until the snail mail/bills, etc.. come. Then, I'll sort it, purge junk, & keep the good stuff. Are bills "good"? :lol:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”