July's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: July's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 pm

I started 1 box for ARC's donation. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Have 3 boxes ready to donate to ARC. I decluttered clothes in our bedroom, which were mine, laying on the chair and bed. They're all hung up now. :mrgreen:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Decluttered big cups have them in the car trunk ready for donation this weeks progress.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 pm

I decluttered in my small office, in the master bathroom, to make room for pigtail/ponytail holders and scrunchies. I put jewelry away, and the bathroom's looking great.

I'm decluttering the laundry basket, will do 3 LOL today.

DH decluttered the litter box. It smells fresh again.

I'll declutter more things for my donation boxes, too. :idea:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Decluttered:

- The laundry basket
- The DW
- The eating bar
- The end table
- Got more boxes filled for the ARC Donation
- Am making outfit sets on hangers for pants/tops for easy dress-and-go days. :idea:

ejagno

Postby ejagno » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:56 pm

This week has been spent decluttering, cleaning and organizing the utility cabinets above the washer and dryer. These cabinets catch all of the oddball things that don't seem to belong anywhere else as well as the laundry and cleaning supplies. I still have another set of cabinets in this room as well as a closet to tackle. I'm not looking forward to it but I know I'll be so glad I did it once it's finished.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 am

I hung up the clothes I had out for wearing today, because I changed my mind and wore something else. I also hung up a nightgown/Muumuu on a hanger, with the nightgown inside the Muumuu, to make the Muumuu warmer. I stripped the bed, the sheets are bleaching and washing now. I decluttered my mess of papers, notebooks, index cards, and file, on the sofa, where I was working last night on an OMM and "To Do" list, too. The house looks nice, I need to sort out and tidy up office baskets this week.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:17 pm

:?: :?: :?: I have a question! :?: :?: :?:

I have about 27 journals, I've written, inside my hope chest. :lol: I wanted to know if you have any ideas what to do with them? I thought about it and here's what I've come up with:

1- Slowly read journal by page to page.
2- Save any good pages, for short stories.
3- Discard the pages that are boring or rants or too personal, for the burn bag, when we do burning.
4- Put the covers into recycle.
5- Baby-step the process until all of them are read and purges, saving back good story ideas. :idea:

I guess I've answered my own question. It's my only idea I can think of, other than to save the good journals, which have a good story to them. Like my writing while DD was in Denali working at a National Park pizza joint all summer in college. I missed her so much, but in that journal, I was so very active and the entire read is so interesting.

It's a job I dread doing, will wait until the last grandson goes home in August and will tackle it them. Perhaps I can do 1 journal every 1 - 2 days. :idea:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Btdt with decluttering journals.

Got a load in the truck delivered to the thrift shop 2x in the past week. Got a upright watering container out of here neighbor thought she could use it. We have not used it for 2 yrs. It took up quite a bit of room.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 pm

April article about Matt Paxton , star of A and E' s program, Hoarders. This is from Richmond, VA.

Very interesting about his belief in a moral obligation to be respectful when others' homes do not meet our standards. Also the relationship (sometimes) between messy tendencies and intelligence.

Includes the first strong hints (if not downright predictions) that the show is only on hiatus, and will be back on the air soon.

journals - lucylee has struggled with this concern quite a bit. I don't know if she has made any decision about what to do with hers or not.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”