July's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

July's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am

We are at the
EXACT HALF POINT OF THE YEAR!

What a wonderful time to start something anew, to make a plan, to dream a little dream of what could be by 2015. :idea: Join us for at least 15 minutes a day, set aside as a decluttering appointment with your lovely home!

And share with us "where you are" with your own decluttering in relation to the 2014 calendar! How will you keep track of "where you're going" with your decluttering for the next half-year? Will you track, calendar, schedule, MAP :D , or perhaps weigh those outgoing bags?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: July's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Working on decluttering stuff in the car trunk and yd trash here this mo.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 am

I declutter OUT of the house when ARC comes to pick up a donation. So far, I've got two nice long-sleeved nightgowns to donate. I continually keep my eye out for more to donate, too. I try to do at least 3 boxes, if I can.

Today, I did a lot of tidying of hot spots, dumped trash from all household waste baskets, and tomorrow DH takes the garbage up to the curb for Thursday's pick up.

I use this thread as a reminder to declutter. I try to keep hot spots put out, which I consider a part of the decluttering plan, too.

I have an organizing journal and an on-going master list of things to "do", which helps me write down and record what needs to be done and what I have done. :idea: :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Delivered donations this a.m.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 pm

All I did was put out hot spots and decluttered the mail off the eating bar, after it came, putting ads, minus our address, in the recycle bag.

Now, I'm decluttering by writing letters, which will go into the mailbox tomorrow morning. :D

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Is putting out Hot Spots the same as officially decluttering? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

OR, is it only "officially" called "DECLUTTER", when something leaves the house for another location? :?:

I just "assumed" if I tidied up my end table or walk-in closet, it was considered decluttering. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, what would be putting hot spots out be under, in what thread? :?: PWYC? Just report there?

I want to do it right, follow the SHE rules and know the proper jargon, too. :idea: :D Any replies are most welcome, too. :idea: :!: :P

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

There are certainly no clutter police to say this or that is clutter. In my opinion I don't really call things clutter on a surface if it has only been in the spot for a short time - if there is normal housework in regular rotation that takes care of it. But if it's been overlooked several times and not addressed, only the homemaker knows whether it is time to call it clutter. My dryer surface can be a hot spot. There have been months on end in which it was routinely cleared, so little things left for a day or two were not a problem, and then other times it started harboring clutter for too long. It just depends.

No, things don't have to leave the house. Organizing keeps things from being clutter, too.

Dd has been gifted with second-hand clothing, some never worn. It is in her size but not really teenager-like. She tried on and a few pieces are being saved for church wear. Most are continuing on to donation. It's hard to find a recipient for adult clothes in small sizes.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for the clarification and tips, Harriet. :D :idea:

Tomorrow, Dgs-3, Dgs-5, and Dgs-10.5 are coming with our Dson to get Dgs-15.5. I promptly put away a mug of small scissors and crochet hooks, 2 totes of crochet Christmas projects (for them), and I'll put my mug of colored pens (too enticing for little fingers!) away into my office, only keeping out the black pen. :idea: So this has been done. I put extra napkins in the napkin holder, wiped off a few spots on Dgs's placemat, the kitchen counters look fine, so I'll give the great room area a once over before they arrive at 1:30 p.m.

NOW my walk-in closet it full to its gills of yarns, yarn totes, a sun hat (crushable) to mail to Dsis in UT for her Aug. 3 b-day, etc... Wow. It's really crowded in there. But as I get the Christmas crochet done, mail Dsis' hat to her, things will slowly get back to normal. Also, when Dgs goes home, I've got 2 shallow wide boxes from Costco, which are rugged, for another ARC donation. I noticed how DH has handed down some t-shirts to me, which I'd never get caught wearing ever. :!: :roll: They've got big designs on them, are way, way too long for my short torso body, so I'm going to donate them. I'll keep hunting through my things for more to donate. I believe they'll be back again, in roughly 5 more weeks; perhaps 6.

Also, when Dgs-15.5 leaves tomorrow, he'll be leaving with OODLES of "Writer's Digest" magazines and 1 issue of "Poets and Writers Magazine". So those will be leaving our home, since I've donated them to him. :) He's a writer, too, and saves to a cloud.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm

We decluttered the great room/kitchen/dining room area. We also put everything back, in the decorative department. I organized a huge mug, which was bulky and taking up too much room with scissors, pens, pencils and a highlighter, and divided them all into 2 smaller cobalt mugs, which is much prettier with our cobalt accent colors.

I'll declutter the dining room table tomorrow, and begin an ARC donation (2 boxes), too. They'll pick up in about 4 - 6 more weeks again. :idea:

I decluttered in my office, too. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I have to admit... I FELL OFF THE DECLUTTER wagon... over a year ago. so I am taking wee little baby steps and getting rid of five things today ...
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”