September's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: September's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:09 am

:D I decluttered in my office today, in the kitchen, our bedroom, the master bathroom, and my purse is now decluttered, too. I also threw away a pair of underpants with frayed elastic. It's a name brand, but they never hold up. I thought they'd be better than they were, but after I got them again, I remembered it WAS the brand that falls apart! :roll:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:22 pm

:o My pen pal section of my office got into a mess. Hoping to get it under control today/tomorrow, by answering snail mail, sending enclosures, recipes, comics, etc.. to pen pals. :idea:

I emptied out a lined basket in my office. I put it on my great room end table. I put magazine reading material a journal, master on-going to do list, etc.. in it. It frees up clutter in 2 high stacks, which were on the table. I tamed the clutter there and am very happy. Since everything's so organized now, it'll be easier to get to my reading job of studying other markets. I need to read, to know what editors are buying and what other short story writers are writing. It's a messy job being a writer, because of magazines, book, files, notebooks, etc. :roll: but an organized writer is a selling writer- and I may add- more sane, too! :!: :P 8-)

I put green cucumber body lotion bottle in the main/guest bathroom, to match the green pump soap and our green decor in there with white. I took the blue/white bottle of pump Lubriderm lotion and put it into the blue seaside theme powder room. It looks so much nicer. With the lotion in the powder room, just off the utility room, I'll be more apt to use my lotions. It pays to redecorate, sometimes. :idea:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Two paper grocery bags of magazines/catalogs ready for recycling. They are not full - that would be so heavy they would break. But each more than half full. Also two telephone books.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:18 pm

I dumped the trash from all waste baskets all over the house to the tall kitchen garbage can to be taken to the outdoor garbage can because it goes up to the curb. Tomorrow's garbage pick-up day.

My desk is de-cluttered. I'm working on other spots in the office now.

The dining room table's a disaster on 2 placemats, because I've got projects out to do. Need to find a "temporary home" for them, which would work out nicely by putting them into a pretty tote. :idea: ;)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 pm

I dumped 2 waste baskets and DH is cleaning out the file drawers in the 2-drawer file cabinet underneath the phone in the dining room near the eating bar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Dumped trash, DH took the garbage out and up to the curb for pick-up day Thursday. He's burning trash now, since we've had a break in a lot of rain lately. :mrgreen:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 pm

I cleaned off my desk today and a pile of stuff on the tabe this a.m. before the toddlerN arrived. It was good progress.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 pm

I put away some clothes, a wearable-snuggle fleece blanket thing, did the dining room table, and will p/a LOL and DW later, too.

I "need" to declutter my office again. :idea:

When I finish my beaded necklace, I'll put away beads to declutter the bunny room craft desk.

I want to declutter well by Sunday, when DD and DGS come. :idea: :!:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:12 pm

I decluttered my office, main office, bunny room, end table in the great room, a launch pad spot on the kitchen eating bar, in the bedroom, and master bathroom.

I put a lot of things away, hung up and put away LOL and clothes, dumped trash, and everything's looking very "spiffy" for DD and DGS who come tomorrow.

I need to declutter the window sills, dust them, strip the dish drainer and wash the dish drainer pad, clean a pack rat spot in the corner of the kitchen, mostly out of sight, unless you're INSIDE the kitchen, of post-it pads in 2 sizes, etc... :idea: I'll do that this evening. Too busy now, crocheting and getting ready for dinner.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 pm

[color=#0000BF]The month of October is FlyLady's "Paper Clutter" month! YIKES! :shock: I plan on making a calendar reminder to come to my inbox daily to remind me and it's on the top of the October FlyLady October month page, too. :idea: This calendar's in my office, so I'm going to be reminded.

I have a terrible time with paper clutter. I printed up zillions of crochet patterns, articles on the Internet, I have binders full of patterns in plastic sleeves, I have contracts, which I must keep, there are stories, writing articles, old, old stories, outlines, ideas, pen pal papers, things to give pen pals, of interest, magazines, which I'm INSIDE, so I WANT to keep them, and I DO have a lot of paper clutter. :o :oops: I was thinking how I'd start in my office, in the files in 1 of 3 baskets, and also work on papers in the main office, on the closet shelves AND files need sorting in the file cabinet in there, too. :idea: Also, under the left-hand part of my laptop's desk, under the drawers is a low long bin full of papers, too. AND I have a nice heavy-duty Rubbermaid file box in my office, with contracts, expenses records, and more story ideas, to sort through again. I did it once this year, but didn't take care of everything. I examined them, decided to use them for submissions some other time, when the time of year or month was right and put everything back! This is SO embarrassing! :oops: It's hard for a writer to be under control in her paper clutter area. There is a book called "An Organized Writer is a Selling Writer," which, I believe, is written by Kathryn Lay. She's so clever, smart and truthful in her book. And she SELLS A LOT! She writes a lot of children's stuff and for adult writers, too. Amazing gal. :idea: :)
[/color]

Return to “The Decluttered Home”