October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks, Blessedw2 ! :D You've DONE A LOT!!!!!

This is what I decluttered earlier the evening, before dinner:

MBR: Folded the LOL on my bed, got out a.m. clothes, set my dawn simulator. I hung up lounge pants I wore today and put a dirty top I wore today, into the utility room basket.
MBathroom: Put away pads, anti-chafing gel, toothpaste, DH's denture powder, 2 tubes of lipstick. I put nail polish and allergy eye drops into the long rectangle counter basket. (CEO calls this "organized clutter." It's contained.)
Main Bathroom: I put crocheted washcloths and pads in the drawer along with baby wipes.
GR8 Room: I put together my Home Journal-combination Holiday Journal on the coffee table, put away my mess, put the old part of the holiday FlyLady journal on the bunny room desk, and put my Home-Holiday Journal on the dining room table. (It's a large table, the binder's out of the way of where we eat.) I put 3 books into the bookcase and 2 books between the bunny room desk bookends.
That's done, it was nice to get it done, which makes me feel better, because I did a lot, and things are tidier, when I look around those rooms. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 am

"it IS
nice to get things done!
good work d friend
it is always a joy to be here with you!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:19 pm

I've decluttered the eating bar, from The Dollar Tree shopping and grocery store shopping. We only had 1 bag at the grocery store, which is .05 cents for paper, DH forgot his FlyLady shopping grocery bags in the car trunk. We need paper bags for recycle, too. There's a law for "0" plastic bags at check-out now, in our county. But at The Dollar Tree, I got a bag, but it was a heavier-than-usual plastic bag, good for craft or crochet projects. I saved it inside the pantry.

I got my 5 new books, 2 tablets, 2 boxes of envelopes put into my small office.

I have 4 magazines to read, too. When I browse through them, I'll use my Exacto knife and scissors, to cut out/tear out articles, recipes,tips, comics, etc.. for pen pals. Also, I save the "Woman's World" Magazine mini-mystery and light romantic fiction stories, to re-read, study, so I can practice writing for them. I occasionally submit stories to them. I have 1 story at their offices now. It's for a spring issue, and it's about spring allergies, etc... It's sweet and cute. It's fun to declutter my mind, with story ideas and send them to OTHER places, too.

I did not strip the bed. I am running a fever. I merely made the bed pretty, so it's nicely made now. I worked on folding an extra blanket on my bed, put it on the hope chest at the foot of our bed, and decluttered the eating bar after dinner again.
I'm working on snail mail, as I work on each letter, I'll be decluttering snail mail out of here, along with photos to my pen pals, too.
I'm set up to crochet, in my chair/ottoman, in the GR8 room tomorrow, but if it's uncomfortable, I'll switch back to the recliner. I'll try to keep crochet clutter, to a minimum, as I work on a project.
I'll work on decluttering the laundry basket on Sat. Nov. 1, instead of tonight, with this fever.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:27 am

feel better d friend! even with being sick you are working hard
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”