October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 am

hi great job decluttering the buttons and putting like things together! I agree with ceo... I just have had times when I have had so many boxes of keep things that it boggled the mind lol - I made the plastic box companies wealthy :lol: but I am getting better.

Miseracordia is a place where adults with developmental and physical special needs can live and work (if they are able) - The organization has a place called lambs farm where adults with special needs can help in the shops and at the restaurant as well as the children's rides etc.

Keep up the great work!

Things that are making me stuck:
1. I may need it someday even though I haven't touched it for years
2. _____ gave it to me but I don't like it or have a need for it but they gave it to me
3. Excuse 101 there is too much to go through
4. My kids touched it, drew on it, played with it, like it, may want it for their kids
5. mice got to it and I don't want to be heart broken going through the paper box
6. A big one: what if someone gets upset because I got rid of the stuff they felt was worthy but don't want it back

dd older keeps telling me that its stuff.. not the events or people in my life... yesterday, after keeping a stone ware pitcher for years (not being crazy about it either but given to me by my dmom who told me it was expensive, my pitcher handle broke and I had to throw it away... all those years of keeping it in a box and then realizing that I could have given it to someone else who would enjoyed it years ago - really frustrates me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 am

Next weeks dejunking goal: go through all our "keepsakes from my youth, my dkids youth"

Goal with this: get rid of things that will mean nothing to our family and I don't want to move with it ever type things
I have 5 boxes each of d kids keepsakes - go down to 1 - I know my very d mil put a box of homework papers away for dh and all her children... to be honest he tossed all but one drawing

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Blessed, Your goal of getting 5 boxes down to 1 is a good one.

I've saved items from our adult kids, for scrapbooking projects. I rarely scrapbook, but will someday. Perhaps in the New Year?

I need to declutter/put-away things I've worn (Muumuu + nightgown + dirty LOL to utility room laundry basket), and work on slowly getting the bunny room put back together. Was looking hurriedly for Halloween rubber stamps, dumped out a tin of them onto the bunny room desk and there they sit! I also have my rubber stamping pad, cleaner, paper towel and marking pens left out in the main office! I have a stack of patterns,print-outs AND leaflets to file or purge! I CANNOT crochet it all. Decisions, decisions. :(

I need to declutter my pen pal stuff in my small office here, too. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I did this:

1- I put laundry into the laundry basket in the utility room, so that's decluttered from the MBR.
2- I made the bed better, smoothing out the covers + put a pretty pillow on it at the headboard.
3- I dumped all the trash from all over the house, b/c tomorrow's garbage day, so DH needs to take the can up to the curb.
4- I rinsed 2 mugs + 1 kitty dish, in the sink.
5- I hung up a Muumuu with a nightgown inside it + 1 nightgown, in the MBR, so the bedroom looks so NICE! :mrgreen:

I opened the bunny room blind, above the desk, to the large windows there. It lets in a lot of light, it will be more inviting for me :idea: to go into the bunny room, to put it back together, too.

I'm thinking about having DH get me a long flat box, from the garage with 2" - 3" sides, for me to put rubber stamps, I want to use, in, so the the designs on the wood are facing up, so I can see them. It'll make getting ready to stamp, much easier and faster. But I need to declutter before I can organize. :idea: :!: ;)

How are you doing, Blessed, with your decluttering? :?: BTW, the organization you gave to sounds so wonderful! ♥

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 pm

:mrgreen: In the Bunny Room, I did this:
1- I took photos from a flat long plastic bin, about 1 foot x 6" x 4", and put them into an orange upright stationery box. It's very decorative + pretty. 8-)
2- I put rubber stamps into that plastic bin, put it on the card table.
3- I had a mint green + pink + white stationery box, about 2' x 18" x 5" tall, with an umbrella in a table at summertime design and chairs on it. It has a flip lid, so I put more rubber stamps in it, for the card table.

I need to:
1- Organize pen pal papers + envelopes + fillers to pen pals inside envelopes, like comics, recipes, tips + articles, and put them A-W-A-Y! :!: :!: :!: The clutter is driving me NUTS! :roll: :x :!: :oops: :shock: I can't "THINK" when it's like this!
2- Sort + purge mail, when it arrives this afternoon.
3- Go through crochet magazines (25!) and keep what I WILL make, discard what I don't NEED. :idea: :!:

Happy Decluttering, Everybody! :P

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:41 pm

:D

Decluttering

Day in & day out,
I declutter some more.
I want to shout,
how I adore
less clutter and "stuff". :D

I have more inner peace,
the further that I do,
and I never want to cease
because decluttering sessions show.
Having clutter makes like more "rough". :oops: :(

I don't want to stop,
because if I do, I'll wonder,
how I fell off being on top
and am again buried under.
I know when I've had "enough". :D

Decuttering is a day-to-day
job. It's a focus that's smart!
All I have left to say,
is how less clutter seems to warm my heart.
It's like smoke from a chimney, going up in a "puff"! :D

In the main office, I did this:
1- I put the Legos container in the closet with 1 pr. of shoes + 1 pr. of knee-high slippers, for the DGS's to use when they visit.
2- I filed and/or purges and put away print-out patterns & leaflets.
3- :idea: I'll sort 1 file at a time now, in my spare time.
4- I moved the storage tote, on wheels, to the end of a long skinny main office table, out of the way.
5- I put a basket of books on the table, where the unkempt stack of files/leaflets were, to be filed.
6- DH put a basket of books & binders under that long skinny table.
7- I put labels I found with cards, poems, envelopes & info, into my small office (where I write at my laptop), for pen pals' envelopes.

In the Bunny Room, I did this:

1 I put rubber stamps into pretty decortive boxes
2- I purged 10 crochet magazines, but kept 15, with FAB projects I WANT to crochet! :P :idea:
3- I need to declutter the coffee table, the center wide & deep desk drawer.
4- I need to dust in the Bunny Room.

In my small office, I need to:

1- Put away pen pal letters to reply to,
2- Find a place for items to send to pen pals in their envelopes, like poems, tips, articles,& recipes or comics,
3- I need to dust & put order to my desk again.
4- I need to ask DH to put an antique vase up on the top shelf in the office, which has a beautiful silk floral arrangement in it, which my Dfriend (who now has Alzheimer's bad) made for my housewarming gift in 2004, when we moved into our newly built home. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

love the poem!

you are doing great with all your put away d friend!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:10 pm

I am living with the effects of my inaction in decluttering this last year. I finished putting my laundry away and I realized that I have multiple shirts and items because I didn't know where all my cloths were. I have too much but at least I am aware of how I have been purchasing without thinking. I was blaming other peoples stuff in my closet for the lack of room for my cloths. ;)

I still have 2 loads to wash - my personal drawer (underthings) is stuffed... mmm ... that is what happens when you don't keep up your laundry. multiple baskets in my closet (now down to one basket for dirty cloths) - I realized I was "hiding" my dirty laundry and clean laundry instead of putting the laundry in its proper place.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 pm

oddest thing... a man that came to the garage sale... came and took bags of our garbage.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:02 am

Hi, Blessed! :D That man who took 2 garbage bags either #1- Was a researcher, who goes through garbage, for a study, for a living, like I've seen on the local Seattle TV news before--- OR #2- He was thinking he was stealing something of value & thought he was getting away with it! :lol:

That's good going, on your part, for realizing that about clothes, the dirty laundry v.s. clean clothes, etc..! :)

I've taken all the crochet in the dining room & great room. I put it in our MBR & walk-in closet. On Saturday, beginning at 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., on The Hallmark-HD channel, they're having a marathon of The Good Witch movies all day. I'll crochet on our king-sized bed, do cleaning, etc... during commercials, and I'll be busy all day, doing marathon crochet! Hoping to get a lot done. As I finish the projects, I'll put them away into my hope chest my step-dad gave me. He didn't have any daughters, but when he married mom, he gave me a hope chest because he would've WANTED a real natural DD. ♥ By putting the crochet away, as I go, I'll be decluttering. :mrgreen:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”