October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: October's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:27 am

yay on the crochet being put away... also how fun.. marathon crocheting and enjoying the day... d friend - that's great.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 am

Goal for next week:

go through our boxed keepsakes and cull down to 1 box to each person. I have 5 large boxes for each child and now that I am not helping them by bogging them down with my memories of themselves

I also have a large box of my own childhood and high school memories that are no longer current.. I am going to take pictures of old friends etc. and store them on my back up container so I can look at them at any time I want without passing my memories to my children to have to toss out. My youngest would keep all of my memories which in turn, will not give her room to have her own memories.

My wish for my kids - to not have to move their stuff again and again because they can't let go of stuff - that they live in the moment they are in and celebrate the person they want to be- I don't want them to have stress from my stuff and my clutter of memories that I didn't let go of.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:10 pm

I decided not to watch The Good Witch movie marathon for 10 hours in our MBR after all! It's too hard getting up & down off our king-sized bed. It kills my legs, after about 2 hours, so you can imagine what 12 hours would do to me! LOL! Since we had the H. S. shooting up North, only 20 miles away from where my DGS's go to school, but the shooting was NOT at their school, I don't feel like being alone in our MBR, without DH all day. I'll be watching sports with him, sorta like still a marathon, but college sports (football) & The World Series again, too. I plan on hand-writing short stories, decluttering in the MBathRm & crocheting, too. Decided to put away the crochet projects, after I'm done crocheting on them, if I don't finish. HATE the clutter in the great room OR dining room, with totes, etc... out for days. Not pretty, it's junky-looking & makes the house look cluttered. :(

Today, my decluttering was:
1- The eating bar in the kitchen, from after our shopping trip. I took tags off & stickers off, dumped them into the garbage & put the receipt into my office b/c I'm going to do a survey on my receipt, about our trip to the store. I get into a drawing for a $500 shopping spree. You just never know!
2- I dumped some trash (2 - 3 things) out of my purse, lightened it up, taking some unnecessary items out, to lighten it up, to make carrying my purse easier on my shoulder, wrist, elbow.
3- Took the bathroom towels to the utility room, washed/dried towels & DH is folding them now, for me to put away.
4- I washed 4 LOL today, the laundry basket is empty now, so that's decluttered.
5- I made our bed, took dirty clothes off the hope chest, to take to the utility room basket, where I washed/dried them & put them away.
6- I folded up a blanket, put it on the sofa with my neck support pillow, for when I want to nap. This is what CEO describes ad "Controlled Clutter." :)
7- All the LOL is done now!
8- I threw away 1 hat that DD gave me. It had holes in it, which I was unaware of, so am glad I never wore it because they looked hideous! LOL!

Also, I don't mind "controlled clutter" on my sofa, like the folded neatly blanket with supportive neck pillow, because if somebody came here, unexpected, I'd just lift up my blanket/pillow & quickly put it onto my MBR hope chest at the foot of my bed. It's easy to put away something like that.

Happy Decluttering, Blessedw2, & Everybody!
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am

yes it is very sad about the victims of the school shooting - i wish things were different

you are doing wonderfully d friend! also if you had worn that hat with the holes.. you would have had lots of ventilation :D
great job.

declutter jobs done today:

catch all drawer in kitchen. tossed all of my colored pencils (I will buy one box to keep in my new desk area for dd younger)
tossed many pencils, pens etc. that are past their use

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Blessed , Yes, the school shooting was a shock. :(

It was so HARD to let that "holey" hat "go"! It was a boiled wool rolled-brim hat, in variegated red-grey-white-black colors of yarn. It was beautiful, but on closer inspection, it was so "TACKY"! :shock: :roll:

You did GR8 on tossing! When you get new pencils, will you display them in a pretty mug for your desk area? :idea: :?:

As I look about my small office here, :roll: I "see" how I NEED to declutter & tidy things up. :idea: :!: I'll baby-step the process on & off this weekend, to report later, here.

I'll BBL to report what I've done today. :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I dumped trash, from all waste baskets all over the house & DH took the garbage out to the garbage can.

I decluttered & put away clothes in the MBR, then redecorated it AND the MBathRm.

I declutterd the bunny room desk, too, and redecorated on the eating bar in the kitchen & on the dining room table.

Next up, hopefully this p.m., I'd love to declutter & redecorate my small office, as I get ready to work on short stories this week. :idea: I sold 2 Jan. 2015 stories today, have 3 Valentine's Day stories to do, so I'm rearing to go. I felt if I redecorated & tidied up my small office, it'll be more inviting & encouraging & motivating to work this week. :mrgreen:

In the great room, I have 2 letters to reply to, so I can send them to the mailbox tomorrow, along with 2 contracts. Also, once I'm doing reading on another book, I'll put it away. I'm hoping I'll be able to crochet this evening, but I want to put away my book I'm reading, journals, before I start to crochet. If I finish 1 project tonight, I'll put it away, into the hope chest, too, for Christmas.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:21 pm

I decluttered in the bunny room, bathroom, & great room.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Decluttered, cleaned, rearranged items, tidied the desk area, pen pal area, filed contracts, submission copies, editorial letters, yadda-yadda-yadda, vigorously for 30 minutes, working up a sweat. Changed my top, to a cooler one, put on more deoderant, too.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 pm

I decluttered~

- my desk, after submitting a short story.
- the eating bar, from groceries & today's mail.
- our MBR, from laundry, to take to wash.

- AM decluttering my laundry basket.
- Need to do my end table in the GR8 room again.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:51 pm

you are doing awesome d friend!!! great work!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”