November's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: November's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:42 pm

I hung up pajamas and jeans in our MBR, I need to fix the bed better, as we threw the covers up and it's sloppy.

After I finish my chores lists, I'll put the Holiday/Home Journal in my office, beside my laptop, with my day planner, too. I need to declutter my Inbox today, as I'm saving way too many emails, have various folders crammed full of items, and need to do a clean sweep, so it's less confusion and email clutter.

After the LOL is ALL done, I'll have a decluttered laundry basket.

If I finish all of my snail mail by bedtime, DH will mail it on his way to the Dr. tomorrow morning, so they'll be decluttered out of our out-going mail stand, too. By the way, :idea: I use a napkin holder, for out-going mail, which was bought at a Catholic store, it's made in Israel, and has nice paintings inside indentations, which make up the pattern. It's very pretty. The lady who sold it to me, was our neighbor for years, she passed away, and she was such a lovely person. I'm very fond of my memories of her. ♥

I will try to delcutter my office today, great room, too. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 pm

I decluttered calendar reminders, which were to be emailed to my Inbox, by deleting them, so I only have 8 reminders a day, 10 on Friday and 9 on Sunday, on average.

Next up, the towels are dry, on the sofa, awaiting their turn for me to hand/fold them and put them away. Dark clothes are drying; whites/pastels are washing. Go me! Hee-hee! ;)

I'm slowly working on decluttering the mind-things-to-do, by getting them down on paper, too. :mrgreen: I need to "free-up" some space in my head! :lol: (Just kidding!) ;) ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:52 am

you are doing great d friend! you are a special person.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:11 am

I have had a ta da... it took me years but I have accomplished it with thanks to this post and everyone here. For years I moved stuff from place to place without really letting go. Over the years I have gone into my crafts, crawl space, downstairs closets over and over letting go of things. My crawl space is empty except for 2 pieces of furniture, my closets in the basement hold the things I actually use - not just wishes of things I one day plan to do/ too many keepsakes of my dkids -

It took 13 years to let go (of years of over and over again going through things - once a year journey) but I did it! I still have so much to do upstairs but I am really happy with what I accomplished. Thank you to all of you for your support. I still have a ways to go... especially with house cleaning but thank you!

my 3 season room is empty, my crawl space is empty, my closets look nice downstairs and minimal.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Blessedw2 ~ Congratulations!!! What a tremendous success to have so much empty space.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:21 pm

BLESSED :!: :P A GR8 BIG congratulations, to you! :mrgreen: When I read your post, it sounded like over 13 years, you took a journey of self-discovery about yourself, your life, your possessions and everything, too!

It sounds like you grew, inside, from this experience, and you sound happier now, than you were with the old you, who had the clutter overwhelming her. Oh, this is such GOOD news! I'm so proud of you! Thanks for sharing your good news with us, too, and for posting daily, as you did all this, and for your cheering all of us on, too. I'm happy for you! :D

My office is a WIP = Work in Progress. I have my chore list on my desk, in an opened binder, and 2 stacks of books, but I believe it's 'okay' because I'm a writer. I finally turned my Saturday focus message for the day, over to "Monday MOJO!" and turned my weekend desk kitty calendar to MONDAY! Hello! FelineFriend! WHERE have you been???? :lol:

I have research to do, for a story, but when the story's sent, the clutter of paper, for the story and plot cards, will be put in the burn bag, for outdoor burning, later. I have the Christmas cards in here, too, so on Dec. 3, when they're shipped, they'll be gone, so there won't be that clutter. But honestly, how can I call Christmas cards, clutter? They're so nice to receive.

I do see, as I look around, how if I set my timer for 15 minutes at a time, I can get the office more orderly, more peaceful and attractive, too. I'll do this, today, on and off. Thanks for setting such a good example, too! :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:41 pm

thank you d book and d friend... I couldn't have done it without the support here! I am very grateful!

I love the timer too. great job on the work d friend

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:20 am

cleaning up around here it relieves stress and keeping clutter at bay seems to have a calming effect on us! Nancy.

Nancy.. hope you don't mind me putting this here... It's such a good reminder and inspirational.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:54 am

struggling as I am going through my closet... I always struggle as I dejunk... it's an uncomfortable feeling and I know that has to be part of my process to move ahead.

I am in the process of going through blankets and sheets and old towels to let go of the worn out ones.. I always have the excuse in my head that it may be useful when in my heart I know that the items are past their real use.

tossed bag of old blankets etc.
tossed old sheets and got rid of a bunch of keepsakes that were not important to us any more. Having many ah ha moments as I have gone through things. I will have to go through this stuff again as time goes on.

TRUTH:
I am embarrassed to say (but see as necessary to admit - its positive and a good thing for me) - I found a stashing bag from 6 years ago. Wow - all this time I thought it was a photo bag.. yes a photo bag (which is embarrassing but okay) . Its an empty bag now and most tossed. Also realized that many things that I used to think was so important - my activities, crafts and over over the top volunteering - is no longer as important as I thought they were - what a stress reliever. Very grateful for that. I am truly enjoying my family and friends.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Blessedw2...you are doing wonderfully; and Nancy also. You both are inspiring!

Recently I have been going through clothes and other things. I have gathered a box of clothes that no longer fit and a half dozen books and will set them out for Viet N. Vets next week on the day noted on their post card I received in the mail.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “The Decluttered Home”