November's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: November's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:15 am

d Harmony I am so touched that you drove those things over to him - extremely well done!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:19 pm

I need to go through the music in the frontroom... it needs dejunking but I won't do that until I have a place to store the music.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:52 pm

magazines (all but one) now in recycling
1/2 a black garbage bag of decluttering going out the door

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Tuesday: Nov. 18

went through sheets to dejunk ... I should have done this a long time ago. tossed things that I wouldn't want anyone to see. ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:39 pm

My decluttering goal also includes Facebook. boy is it hard!!!.. I realized I spent more time seeing people and friends online rather than calling them and spending time with them. I was using it for socialization. So my goal is expanding my horizons again and enjoy my dear friends one on one.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:28 pm

I've been picking up after the piggiest person in our house- ME! :lol:

In the morning, I make the bed, ASAP, take dirty laundry to the LOL basket in the utility room, and hang up my nightgown and robe. After I brush my teeth, I put away all bathroom clutter from the counter. After breakfast, I make sure the DW is empty or I fill it immediately. I pick up after myself ALL day long!

Yesterday, I finished and submitted a short story. After I was finished, I cleaned my office up.

After dinner, I make certain the eating bar, kitchen counters and dining room table are clean and tidy.

Before bedtime, I put away books, journal, etc... so I'll wake up to a nice-looking great room area.

It's amazing what you can do in just 5 minutes! :idea: :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:54 pm

In our walk-in closet, I had a bin full of journals, to re-read. I had DH help me move it to the floor of the hall linen cupboard closet. I took the totes full of yarn and various remnants of crochet projects, from the Christmas crochet, put them into bins in the bunny room and main office. I have a clean walk-in closet floor now. DH dust mopped it with a Swiffer sweeper with orange fragrant polishing spray on the wood floor of the walk-in closet. It's so beautiful now! There are no bins in there, there's just ONE tote, with Grannies, to edge, join, and make into an afghan for myself.

Next step is to tidy up the hanging clothes, in our walk-in closet. I might make some quick "go-to" outfits on hangers, too, to see me through the holidays, while quickly getting ready each morning. :idea:

This afternoon, I put away some items, which were on my bunny room coffee table, tidied the desk, etc... so it's looking much prettier in there, too. :mrgreen:

I wrote a "to do" list of pre-Turkey Day cleaning to get done, by the 26th. I don't want to work a lot on Thanksgiving Day, other than to help with dinner. We'll quickly clean toilets last-minute before DD and DGS-18 arrive that day. It's nice to get things nice-looking prior to the holidays, when things seem to get more hectic. I want to relax as much as I can.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 am

you are doing really well d Friend... that front hall closet looks lovely!!!
I had to laugh when you said the culprit for the mes was you... I was waving my hand and saying.. That's me!!! :lol:

I have been finding my dd older's professional organizer training very interesting. She has always wanted her own business. I had to laugh that my continued disorganization or lack of focus gave her insight to follow this path as a career. She's a talented writer, a great student, and I always thought she would go towards journalism or law writing but she found a lot inspiration here at home lol. She enjoys this tremendously and I can't understand why she would want to do this as a profession ,(bc it eludes me), but I am all for her following her dream.

One thing that I found an aha moment was how they train them to help people see their things: she gave me an example: she classified things in my social realm... some things are your close friends (that you truly love and honor ), others are your acquaintances that you like and enjoy but not special like your close friends, and then there are those that aren't dear friends or acquaintances and you don't think of until you see them. I found that fascinating and so true for me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

November 20 th -
4 black garbage bags gone - completely filled
meds gone through and old ones tossed

I went through my delicates, as they say, and dejunked.

I went round robin in my bedroom and unfortunately I have 3 baskets of put away to different parts of the house... that's what happens when I take a year off of dejunking.

my closet is officially a woman's walk in closet. all of the kids keep sakes clothing is in one box and on the shelf again. I tossed old jeans etc.

my adventure of decluttering myself from Facebook has been hard but very eye opening. I was spending more time on that than actually socializing like I used to. I also realized I used to read about things I was interested in - however, I found, that I would read bits and pieces on Facebook than reading/researching things that I am passionate about or helping where I feel there is a need. I also noticed I stopped reading the paper (pluses: I spend less time on the computer)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:16 pm

I dumped the trash and have kept on top of hotspots today helping to keep clutter at bay. Put books away also.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”