December's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: December's Dynamic Declutter, 2014

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:54 pm

I stripped the dining room tablecloth, washed/dried it, washed a pink jacquard one with matching napkins, put it on with a centerpiece, so the table looks quite nice.

I continue to sort/launder scraps/remnants, and get order to the spare room. Worked on the office, too, tidied the MBathR up, and the eating bar end.

Am mailing out 6 - 7 letters tomorrow, so by replying to letters, I'm decluttering their old letters, as I send out replies to them, too. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:21 am

hi d friend... great work putting away, de cluttering and cleaning!

I have made another decision based on my christmas and home preparing for this holiday. I definitely will be getting rid of more things from my home - including additional Christmas and some things that I do. My dh garage needs to be trimmed down by half.

My cleaning and home repairs and upkeep must stay ahead of itself.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Am SO-SO-SOOOO Busy decluttering the spare room, getting scraps, remnants, pre-stamped fabrics laundered/sorted, and in an orderly fashion, into bins, for when I start my quilting. I'm down to 1 bin now, it's going really great, keeps me busy and building muscles and lotsa pedometer steps, too!

The house is looking pretty good, except for the spare room, right now.... :D :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Trash day is today got the trash out to the curb.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:00 am

Cleaned off my desk in my small office, except for a working outline on index card and Dr. orders for a recommendation he wants me to follow through March, as we taper off a med. It's on my desk, to follow, so I don't get mixed up or forget.

Sorted the mail in the car, on a day trip to the G. I. Dr. I purged the junk mail, when we got in the door, from our trip.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I had files, patterns, papers, etc... on the dining room table this morning. I've put patterns onto 2 clip boards, into 1 file, and the table looks pretty again. I love the wooden tulips inside the cobalt picture on the table as a centerpiece on a cobalt table mat. :)

I purged junk mail, read 2 letters, threw one away, which I'll answer by memory at another time.

I put yarns into totes, for projects to do, too.

I worked on my small office desk again, and put a mess of looking into 2 bins, in my small office, back again, so it's nice, neat, and orderly again.

I have a file, on my end of the sectional sofa, which I want to read through this evening or in the morning. I'll put it back into my filing cabinet, when I'm finished reading through the different information I want to read, to refresh my memory. If I find some good things, to photocopy, for friends, family or pen pals, I'll do that this evening, also. :idea: I enjoy sending interesting things and useful or fun or creative things, to others, in the snail mail. :mrgreen: It's a treat for me and it's a treat for them, too. A truly win-win situation. Why not bless others if you can? ♥

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:35 pm

I love trash day too d Nancy!!! It is now a celebration day for me - :lol: very true!

yay d friend

I read a phrase today from a woman (slob comes clean).
Avoiding Clutter is easier than decluttering!
The article wasn't great considering the title but the title really made an impression on me. I have been trying to do that this holiday season by taking pictures of things that hit my eye instead of buying them and going back instead of buying things right away. It's been a blessing. Decluttering can be overwhelming... tons of decisions... work and emotions.

I am finding that
- by limiting projects to one or two until finished - in other words - not over-goaling - I am much happier (I only do a craft project I really want to do and not dream of what I might try to do (that leaves me with so much clutter and makes me depressed that I can't get it done)
-not buying items that sparkle my SHE brain helps eliminate the extra clutter from my family time
-by not over goaling - which is my tendency - I make myself happier.
-saying no - is hard especially with my need to please others and make their lives a 10 - saying yes takes away lots of time on family, work that needs doing and money

So my goal for 2014 - with my de-cluttering is to avoid clutter coming into my home and to let go what I really know will not be used (instead of keeping it for that "someday" that I always think in my head.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:11 am

The dining room table continues to remain tidied and pretty.

I dumped trash from 2 bathrooms.

I folded 3 LOL and put them away today. Yay! :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 pm

yay is right d Friend.

as I am putting my Christmas things away I am donating things that I don't want anymore. I also tossed some things that are not donate-able

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:41 am

Tossed some atrocious fabric and small scraps.

Re-cleaned my small office desk, hung Dr. orders on my cork bulletin board, where they belong, and put an outline in my drawer, for when I edit that story for May, at a later date, mostly likely 1-16-15 :arrow: 2-13-15. :idea:

Put 1 bin of scraps away, sorted scraps on my feet, laundered them, for 3 DAYS last week, I'm burnt out, and do NOT want to fiddle with scraps now. :roll: :x :!:

I stripped the bunny room desk, I've put the cutting mat, which is huge, to the side, standing on end, between two tall things, and my desk looks nice. I need to sort through some vacation brochures, take off our addresses off them, and purge the brochures. :idea:

We've been putting away Christmas decorations and re-decorating as we go. :mrgreen: :P

Return to “The Decluttered Home”