January Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: January Clutter Control, 2015

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:08 am

Several times have come across a book and since I'm not making those decisions right now have just placed on bookshelf without sidetracking.

"Yay, me! I am also saying Yay, d Harriet... on all your work, your ability to not get sidetracked, your ability to let go and staying consistent!

I am coming up for air :D in the master bedroom love this d harriet

Thank you for thinking of me and the office thread!

My goal is the same as yours -
determined to stay on "calendar" this year
I can see this is the only way my home won't fall apart.
Thank you for facilitating this and other threads
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Blessedw2, Is there an "office" thread here? :?: *I* NEED THAT!!!!!! :!: :idea: :!: :!: :idea: :idea: Good idea to have a thread for that! I'm SO LAX in that dept. and here, I'm a writer! Ha!

Oh. I took my organizing and time management books, put them into a silver box, about 14" x 14", with tall 5 - 6" sides. I put it in our spare room, on my coffee table, because I've got a wonderful overstuffed Italian leather recliner in there and this awesome OLD tall lamp, from DH's Dmom's/Ddad's things, we've inherited. I play music, turn on the top ceiling light and this lamp, and read. I felt, if my organizing/time managements books were ALL together, I could re-read them ALL, this year, one after the other, and glean good ideas, from them, to keep me more motivated! :idea: :P Also, I have organizing e-books, on my Nook e-reader and 1 organizing cassette 2-tapes book, to listen to. All in all, there are a total of 17 books, e-books, tapes. DD gave me a LOT of books, to keep. I think this will be a very good project, which will help me become more productively organized, in the offices, especially, and in the spare room, as I embark upon the thresholds of the quilting passion. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:42 pm

d friend look under paper tamers for 2015 by our dear Harriet... I think in organization

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 pm

Blessed, I'll try to find it; thanks. ♥

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes, it's in Organization Tools and Skills, and here's a link.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Carpet pulled up in one room. So that will be leaving this week via special garbage pickup. We should be breathing better with all that out of here!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:36 pm

That is really great d Elly.. It will help you all breath better..getting rid of it right away is Awesome!

Thank you d Harriet!

so many papers have bit the dust (well really the shredder) :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:31 am

goal today .. my pieces of papers from magazines - decorating, holiday ideas, cooking pages are starting to pile up - I have about 30 tear outs that need to be scanned and papers then tossed. I am current on my magazines... I keep only the month I am in - and in only in one place as I get so carried away if I don't do this. I used to have a dentist office collection (years) and I it almost buried me. So now I need to get back to scanning what I want and getting rid of what I haven't used.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Blessed, Why are YOU in magazines? :?: I'm in magazines, with stories I get published. I have also gotten poems, tips, non-fiction essays, and prayers published, too. I have magazine organizers, which stand vertical, and I keep the magazines in them, out of the way, in the main office back-shelf in the closet. :idea: ;) I save Writer's Digests and Poets & Writers, magazines and Crochet World, because I keep re-using them again and again. Often times, I pass my Writer's Digest Magazines on to DGS-16.5, who is a writer and saves all of his writing to the cloud. He's working on novels, too. (Oops! :oops: :? I'm "off topic".)

Yesterday (Sat./10th), I did not turn on my laptop, for the first time since I bought it! :shock: :? :?: :!: I was busy, but I DID write a list in my steno pad, which kept me motivated, to post here, when I DID turn on my laptop. YOU ALL inspired me, when I wasn't even on-line! THANK YOU FOR THAT! :P Yesterday, I:
1- Purged 5 items in my top master bathroom drawer,
2- I put away the clothes on my MBR chair, hope chest, and put dirty LOL in the utility room basket,
3- Threw away an ink pen, which had ran dry with snippets of yarn,
4- Remade the bed and took my blanket, from the GR8 room and folded it up and put it on the foot of my side of the bed,
5- Put away my ankle brace,
6- Hung up my cardigan,
7- Put 3 pairs of dirty jeans in the washer, washed/dried them and put them away,
8- Put away a finished crochet project,
9- Sent off a bill to the mailbox,
10- Sorted the mail, purged a mailer (for a gift from my Dfriend for my b-day), and purged junk mail, etc...
11- I purged 5 booklets, on a shelf in my walk-in closet,
12- DH put dishes into the DW, which decluttered the dish drainer and area by the dish drainer, and he's running the DW,
13- I decluttered an area, on the sofa/and floor near it, of crochet totes, pattern clipboard, etc....

MY PLANS:
1- To purge ALL of the main office papers in the box I'm sorting; put papers and children's books in it, for our grandchildren,
2- Put that office back together,
3- Sort the main office basket of files, notebooks, etc... (What a messy clutter-bugger!) :roll: :!: :oops:
4- To sort 1 file at a time and keep fewer items; purge the rest.

MY TIPS FOR PAPER CLUTTER:
Ask myself:
1- Have I used this in 1 year?
2- Do I actually NEED this?
3- Can I love WITHOUT this?
4- Do I LOVE this?
5- Do I have a duplicate on hand, which means I can bless somebody with this one, donate it or purge it?
6- WHY am I KEEPING this paper!?!?
7- Will anything befall me, majorly, if I purge this paper or send it to somebody to bless them instead of cluttering up MY home, MY OFFICE AND MY MIND???? :?: :idea: 8-)

That's what I do. I find so many duplicate crochet printed-off-the-internet-patterns. :oops: :oops: :oops: I bless others, send them the patters, so they can either use them OR pass it onto another crochet family member, friend, or pen pal. :idea: :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm

no I am not in magazines for writing.. i wish... you are so sweet... no I go through magazines I have and pull out pages I plan on doing or like... I scan them and then toss out the papers so I don't have magazines all over the place like I used to... lol - I would have to be really organized in thought and deed to be able to do what you do.. it's so cool!

clapping loudly for you too on doing so much work!!! and thank you for sharing your knowledge

1 large black garbage bag of paper shredded and ready to head out the door!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”