January Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

January Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:12 am

The Promise of a New Year is upon us, and our hopes are high! And they should be! Clear surfaces, organized cubbies and lovely living spaces are available to us with just the commitment to manageable declutter appointments. Here in this monthly thread, we encourage each other to commit to 15 minutes of clutter control time per day, OR the equivalent on other schedules. We hope you'll join us.

What successes do you have to report for 2014? They will inspire more than you think.

What goals will you set for 2015? You will find encouragement and partners here.

Never feel you are alone if you have clutter struggles. We know where you are because we've been right there (and then have faltered after decluttering and ended up there again… … twice or three times :oops: ). We know the same prospect looms for our future if we don't stay vigilant! Clutter is picking a fight with ALL of us. We are with you.

Harriet

Re: January Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am

For anyone who's preparing to stick with Focus attention through the house this year (I know I am really hoping to keep it up - it always helps me) and wants to have clearer surfaces ready for cleaning every Monday:

1st project:
This week's hands-on project is getting the entryway decluttered so that Monday's start on cleaning there goes smoothly next week. (porch(es) also if your weather permits you)
2nd project:
AND this is the Getting Ready for 2015 Week, so if there is recordkeeping, calendaring or printed schedules you want to have at the ready during 2015, now's the perfect time to prepare them. Here's a slide to the Focus 2015 calendar in the Cleaning Forum for reference.

Starting Monday for next week (while entryway cleaning is underway), I know I'll be heading into the bedrooms to concentrate on clearing the next path there. ;)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Took empty boxes out from upstairs freed up some space.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Decluttered the laundry basket today and dumped all of the trash, as garbage pick-up is tomorrow, 1 day later, because of the New Year holiday. They pick up on Thursdays, except when there's a holiday.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Thank you dearest Harriet!!!
I have saved the focus on my computer! Thank you.

I struggle with remembering the focus is just that - a time to focus on a couple things in that area and not doing the whole thing at once. I know in my thinking part of my head that I am supposed to touch the area and do a round robin but my crazy side of confusion looks at the focus (most of the time) as an all or nothing job. I might have to work with all of you so I don't over-goal in those areas.

I love this declutter thread more than anyone knows! It's been a good year decluttering after a year off.
I know it sounds funny but I do feel like one of those super heroes (with other the body) when I de clutter. :D

I agree with d Harriet.. de cluttering happens over and over again and it's okay. Sometimes things get so so cluttered and one has to be gentle on themselves and know that it happens to others - even born organized like my d mom. My d sis in laws de clutter as a normal part of their day... they don't see it as anything unusual.

D Harriet - Thank you!
D Nancy... yay on the boxes
D Friend yay on getting rid of trash and decluttering laundry baskets
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Christmas trees taken away today! makes me feel free.
got rid of a pile of old computer game discs etc...

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Don't feel well, but am keeping hot spots at a minimum, especially in the main living areas and bathrooms. I did 1 LOL today, am sorting (slowly!) through a basket, in the main office, which I'll work on this week.

Since I'm not feeling well- AT ALL- I'm trying to keep everything tidy, laundry done up, while I get in enough rest and eat right. I don't want to get behind the "8" ball, so to speak and then need a bulldozer, once I'm well, to get out from under the mess. :idea: :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:54 am

Please feel better soon d friend. (and you are still decluttering - that is dedication)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 pm

frustrated at myself because I brought things in. I thought I would go back full time to my card file... a job on every card instead of having it on the computer using our dear Indiana's zone list and d Harriet's declutter on word (and check it off by date). Otherwise I over think the process. I spent a lot on cards and stickers... so trying to stay positive I will now have extra cards for menu's and temporary cards.

I am thinking of going back to alphabetical address card file along with helping service peoples -

I no longer like bringing things into my house without get something out of it. Thank Goodness! So now I feel the need to let go of something lol

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:24 pm

great job d book! how does your 12 x 12 x12 cube decluttering work... always wanting to learn

Return to “The Decluttered Home”