February Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:04 pm

It is the month to love our homes

Here in this monthly thread, we encourage each other to commit to 15 minutes of clutter control time per day, OR the equivalent on other schedules. We hope you'll join us.

When you see all those hearts in the stores this month, remember how LOVABLE your lovely home is, and how much it means to your household when you pay it attention! A home that is comforting and stress-free is also a great gift for those you love, including yourself.

What successes have you achieved now that we're a month into the new year?

Harriet

Re: February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 pm

If you’d like some partners while working:

Some of us like to use decluttering as a preceding step that can (literally) make cleaning a glide instead of a stumble. We go along with the Focus Cleaning Schedule (that link will take you to the Cleaning calendar in the Cleaning Forum) and we place decluttering of each of those rooms in the week AHEAD of their Focus.

So you’ll find some February declutter partners in these rooms and areas:

Week of Jan 26 – Closet decluttering (Clean up the Office!)
Week of Feb 2 – Laundry decluttering (Clean up the Closets!)
Week of Feb 9 – Storage decluttering (Clean up the Laundry!)
Week of Feb 16 – Outdoor decluttering (Clean up Storage areas!)
Week of Feb 23 - Kitchen decluttering (Clean up Outdoor areas!)

Always substitute a different Focus area whenever it will match your home’s needs best.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:48 am

I had 5 totes of yarns, in our walk-in closet. Now I have 2 totes. I emptied 2 totes into a cleaned-tonight, art tote. It's got wheels, crafters use it for sewing machine or rubber stamping or art supplies. It has two compartments, one on top of the other, a long handle, like a luggage carrier, you see at airports. I move it into our walk-in closet, folded 2 totes and put them away. I tidied up the closet a bit, too, but need to go through my clothes, to get more order to them again. I'm "thinking" about organizing little outfits, to wear daily, throughout the week, especially when things get "crazy-busy". Having the outfits pre-planned will cut down on last-minute wardrobe changes. :idea:

I still have files in baskets, in both offices, to sort through, too. :idea:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 am

I dumped trash again that is how I am controlling clutter.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 am

I dumped trash again, decluttered our eating bar, of mail, while sorting it and my Dr. stuff, in from an appt. today. Also, I had a file, blazer, my purse, and wrap-around eyeglasses on the table, prior to getting out of here in a hurry. I put away my cutting board and towels, where I was blocking a tunic for DGD-2. Now, I have poetry books/magazines on the table, but it's for study, as well as 2 magazines I'm in, which I need to study the market for. So there is a bit of "temporary clutter", but it's necessary for my job. We don't have company coming, people usually phone first, and it would be 1 quick trip with an armload of items there, into my small office, nearby. I'm sort of laid up right now, need to do things to distract myself, so I felt that reading/writing poetry, and reading stories would be good. I don't know of any way to keep "clutter control", when I'm working. So I'll just deal with it, on a day-to-day basis or find a cute tote, to put everything in, so it's "contained clutter." :idea: I might do that (the tote bag) for the stuff. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:27 am

wishing you all a freer home! Happy de-cluttering February!!! I am so very proud to work with all of you.

I am working in the laundry room and in the office area - I didn't get to my closets this time.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Got the trash out and @ the curb this week again.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Dumped trash, did 2 LOL, put away groceries when they arrived, sorted the mail, purged junk, and the house looks so beautiful, to me. It's nice to have a "motivation" of surgery upcoming in 3-4 weeks, to have to focus on. So I'm keeping the house tidy, laundry and dishes done. I don't want to be caught with a dirty house, when I'm recuperating, whenever that will be. :idea: ;)

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

one book to recycle, 2 books to donate along with a wall plaque
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:19 am

dejunking books is such a blessing to you and the other person who will thoroughly enjoy it d elly!
Getting the trash out is such a nice feeling ... great job d nancy and great job d Friend.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”