February Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Big WTG, Nancy ! :mrgreen:

I planned on sweeping, after I dusted, and since I cleaned our kitchen granite tiles really good, I "wanted" to sweep and mop in the kitchen, but I ran out of steam. I overdid it too much, so my Fibromyalgia nerve-muscle pain's flared up. :oops: :o :( I'll take it easier this evening, then will do more tomorrow. :idea: We have a lot of fir wood floors, in every room, except the bathrooms and entry. The Swiffer is great, and so are those crocheted covers, for Swiffer dust mops. :idea: When we spray the pads on Swiffers, with Endust or an orange wood polish spray, then dust mop, it makes the entire house smell good. DH thought up that one. :) Good idea he had. :!:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Yay d Nancy and d Friend!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Good work, everyone!

I have been averaging a crate out the door per day this month -- meaning that if I don't declutter 1 day, I make it a point to try for at least 2 full crates the next day.

Today's declutter was 14 metal coffee cans, which I am counting as 2 crates, although actually it was a big box plus a couple extras that wouldn't fit in the box. I asked the children's librarian if she knew anyone who needed any metal cans and she replied right away that as a matter of fact, she needs them herself for a summer activity at the library. :mrgreen:

Like glass jars and any form of paper, metal coffee cans seem to breed on their own. Someone needs to invent a successful spay & neuter program for those things. :lol:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 am

Booksaver, there IS a spay and neuter program for glass, paper, and coffee cans. It's called recycling in our area! :lol: (But I DO know what you mean by breeding!) I believe the dust bunnies go dancing in the night, while we're asleep! :idea: ;)

I need to get clutter control in my office- again! :idea: :oops: :o :? My Dsis is shopping in Utah, for the 'perfect' Dreamcatcher for my office. My main colors and accents are red, pink, burgundy, rose, etc... Also, I want to paint a diagonal wall, which is about 5-feet wide, a deep red, too. It'll make my office look great, IMHO. :P So I want it to get clutter under control, for a more professional look, like as though it'll be in a magazine photo shoot! :idea: :!: 8-) I think the "red wall" is a good motivating tool and the Dreamcatcher, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:34 am

oh my gosh you made me laugh d book - re - the spay and neuter program for those things. oh my gosh so so funny.

and d friend...your response to book - again so so funny.

great job both of you.. d friend you WILL get the clutter under control.. you have done so well already!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:37 am

I am really beginning to think De-Cluttering leads to a happy home and a happy life.

today is a room by room put away and a pull of donation stuff for dh to take - I am putting them in his car as they have been sitting here for weeks. It's time to visit other people.

I have made a decision regarding dh's screws that are large bit of misc. I threw them into one bucket and I can see it will take forever to separate. So I am going to take groups that have many screws the same size and put in drawers and mark... then the rest get put into recycling. it's not worth the work.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:41 am

:mrgreen: We were gone all day. However, I took my 1" x 2" x 3" tablet with me. I wrote down things to get clutter control on, etc... :idea: :!: :)

I was looking up crocheted spa baskets, I found a crocheted drawer organizer, it looks neat, and now, if I can find it again, I just might crochet something like that,for myself. Also, if you don't have the $$, to purchase drawer organizers, what I did :idea: was take little gift boxes, with the lids, and shoebox lids, and made my own drawer organizers, by putting the flat side down on the inside of the drawer, and it works so fantastic. You can sort of arrange them, as you need or want, by their sizes and the contents of your lids and boxes. It works great for bathroom drawers or that infamous kitchen junk drawer. I bet it'd even work in a desk or table in a man's garage or shed, too. :idea: :)

I got my desk messy here, last night. :roll: :oops: Here, I put all of these pink and red things, framed photos, etc.. on my desk and last night, they all screamed to me: "I'M CLUTTER! " :!: :!: :!: :oops: :o :shock: :? Why is it, one night, everything looks fantastic, but on a good night's sleep, you come into your office the next morning, and you just want to run away as fast as you can? :?: I need to majorly get to work in here. I'm planning to start with:
1- the desk top,
2- to the right of the desk,
3- to the left wall,
4- the built-in office shelves, at the end,
5- my platform area, where I stamp and label envelopes,
6- dust and sweep,
7- tidy up the top bin, under the bottom built-in shelf,
8 tidy up and find a home for spiral notebooks and an ARRP Bulletin, on an orange milk carton, on the floor. I want o-r-d-e-r before my Dsis sends me my new office Dreamcatcher. I'm motivated to get my office in top notch order, by the time her package arrives. I know I CAN do this. It'll be more relaxing, more functional and creative for me, sitting here in my office, too. After the Dreamcatcher's hung, I'll decide what color to paint my 5-foot wide diagonal office wall. (It depends upon the shade and color of the Dreamcatcher.) I want my office to be inviting and warm, like our great room area is. I have to live with myself, in my office, so I'm going to get it the way I can "picture" it.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:45 am

Well, I dropped a hand mirror and broke it--so that is out of here! Threw out some old cologne and conditioner (actually used it to clean toilets and they look pretty good). Had a carbon monoxide detector that started beeping and showing an error message, so that is thrown out. We still have one, so all is well. Found the 5-year warranty for the bad one, but we've had it 8 years, so threw out those papers, too.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:51 pm

I dumped trash getting ready for trash day here.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:24 am

I re-did my baskets of books, magazines, journals, etc... on my end tables tops, put 1 basket, small/tall ones, on the floors in front of the end tables, which are not taking up too much room. They are taller ones, which are not too wide and not too deep. They don't stick out, to trip anybody. They contain what I need for pleasure reading, for study, and for work, too. :idea: :)

I hung up clothes in the MBR and tidied the bathroom counter, too. :)

Return to “The Decluttered Home”