February Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:59 pm

:D Thanks for your cheering us along, Blessedw2 ! :!: You make us feel so GOOD! :)

I worked for a bit, this morning, sent off a non-fiction piece, then recorded it in my notebook, where/when/date sent, for my records. This way, if it's not accepted this year, later, in December or so, I can email my editor, to ask her if she'll be using it or not. If not, I can sub it to somebody else, but it pays to record things subbed out, so you know who got what, etc... :idea: :)

I put my clipboard, with writer's guidelines and my editor's email address on it, away in the in-out basket, which is off my desk, desk side and within reach, if I stand up, to reach for it. I'll take my notebook, back into the great room, where I'm working today and this week, through Saturday. I'll take Sunday off, because I just "do".

I tidied up the dining room table, where I had some writing files. I put them on my end table. My goal is to slowly go through files, log what I can and sub it ASAP. This means I'll have less paper clutter in files, in my workspace in the great room, and in my office. It's an on-going problem, because more ideas come all the time.

Also, I have 2 computer letters to go out today, and this means a clean out-going mail holder, too. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:43 pm

I worked on the table and counters and got a bag of trash from doing that getting odds and ends of "I might need this someday" plastic containers to eliminate. Glad for that progress.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:30 am

I cleaned my desktop off again today. :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 am

Trash is at the curb.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Dumped trash.

Emptied the DW.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Upstairs I organized the stampin markers, cleared off the desk, emptied the trash and refiled designer paper. Moved stuff around so do can (someday) get rid of the broken down empty file cabinet. I have a box for donation that I need to sort between goodwill and the local preschool.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:50 am

Continuing to average a crate out the door every day. The recycle bin will be totally stuffed full by the time it goes to the curb tonight. :mrgreen:

Yesterday I dropped off 3 big bags full of DH's plastic shopping bags at the recycle bin in the WM store. :mrgreen: (I usually remember to take cloth bags with me, but DH says they are too much bother.)

I have 2 boxes ready to go to Goodwill, which is 20 miles away. I will try to take them Friday. In the meantime, as I'm decluttering today I'll try to find more to donate.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Wtg gals on your progress! It is an excellent day to work a bit in the office & craft zone! I have a bit of time freed up for that today. :mrgreen: Wish me luck.

BookS. I leave cloth bags in the car trunk but forget they are in there. :roll:

One round done in the office! Yea!
Craft zone next up some holiday items to but away time to flip for the Easter stuff. X I can't believe what a difference this made and how little time it took.

Found puzzles to bless others with also!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Nancy , If you have a "launching pad" area, to get your car keys, etc... before you go to your car, would a post-it note there or 3 x 5" card with a reminder on it, about the cloth bags being in the trunk, help? :?: DH sometimes forgets his bags, too, and plastic bags are outlawed in our county. This means DH has to pay .5 cents per paper bag, if he's at check-out without his cloth bags. :roll: FlyLady has 3 purple canvas grocery shopping bags, 1 black heavy-duty one, and 1 black heavy-duty one, which is insulated with silver inside it, too, for hot and cold groceries. :idea: I have them, they hold a lot, too.

:) I need to dump garbage/trash today, since Thursday's garbage pick-up day. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Ff great idea I could put sticky note on the steering wheel of the car!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”