February Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
FelineFriend

Re: February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 am

3 LOL washed & put away today. :)

3 letters to go out tomorrow, so they'll be leaving the house, too. :)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 am

Got a compliment on the kitchen yesterday yea for decluttering progress now I just need to get to the dining room.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Need to re-organize writing in my great room, on the sofa, next to my recliner. Might put it into a tote, to "contain" it, temporarily. :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Got two compliments on the basement this week from family members dh & dd! :mrgreen: grands enjoy it too!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 am

Today, I:
1- "Contained" the clutter of writing stuff I need for outlining, writing by hand, in one place. They're in a Valentines tote bag.
2- I did clutter control on the eating bar,
3- I did clutter control on the dining room table,
4- I did clutter control on my end table in the great room and it looks so pretty!
5- I redecorated my small office, with old things, but I put them on 2 walls, and on my desk. Now I can see red, pinks, burgundy, lavender, rose, magenta, and purple things, from my laptop and when I peek my head inside the doorway. I believe red's an energetic and very empowering color. It is a zippy-happy color in my office, too, because it makes me want to use my creativity more. :idea: :mrgreen: My office accent colors tie in with so many things, in my office, so it looks so put together, IMHO. 8-)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:02 am

Today, I tidied up:
The dining room table again...
The bedroom, of clean LOL...
Put away the dishes in the DW...
Did 2 LOL....
Put away snail mail, which I read, that came in today....
I put away groceries today...
Put my Home Journal back into my office, rather than clutter up the pretty dining room table....
Picked up the bathroom counter....

Just been busy today, happy, and productive. :mrgreen:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm

The trash got dumped from all waste baskets in the house, for garbage, to go out and up to the curb.

Am doing lol today, to catch-up.

DH put the remaining dishes in the DW and he's running it.

I sorted the mail, with DH, he put the mailer (from my book on braiding hair) in the recycle, minus the address label. I read my letter, about a friend's death, and put the letter into the small office, to reply to on another day.

Also, I signed and completed an acceptance contract, for a short story, and DH mailed it at the P. O. nearby. So this is sorta like "clutter", which is gone. :?:

I'm glad I emptied out our 2 thread catchers, too, which are small waste-holders, for table tops. We keep one on each night stand, in our bedroom, for threads, Kleenex tissues, etc... I have instructions, how to make them, too. :idea:

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:23 am

Nobody uses our main/guest bathroom, except DH and I use the toilet/sink for daytime or nighttime. However, if I get up earlier than DH does, I'll brush my teeth with a manual toothbrush, in there. Tonight, I noticed how there are toothpaste spots on the mirror in there, which are from me. :oops: :o :? Then, it hit me how Pam & Peggy said you can take a clipboard and paper, around with you, from the front door, coming into the entry hall, and going room by room, writing down things, which need to be done. I thought how I could take a legal pad, and clipboard (for support for the legal pad while writing) and go room to room, making notes of "things", which I need to do. It's sort of like an OMM list a. k. a. P & P's realtor list of to do's and tidy-'em-ups. :idea: ;) I'll do that tomorrow, while DH is gone. He'll be out of my way, I'll be able to think, while I play soft relaxing instrumental music. :mrgreen:

Tonight, we were making our bed. There was a big THUD, I said "WHAT WAS THAT????" and DH said it's the book, he keeps putting on the coffee table, which I keep putting on our hope chest, at the foot of our bed. :cry: :roll: :!: He said HE keeps putting it on the coffee table, when I said "But on the top of the coffee table, it looks like too much clutter to me! I love the coffee table kept pretty with decorative things on it. Why don't you put it on the lower shelf OF the coffee table, out of the way?" :idea: :mrgreen: He put it there. It's his XBOX game "helper" book. It's so thick, so large, and it's black and ugly. :roll: Having it down below, on that shelf, it'll be accessible to DH, for when he plays his games, yet it's not taking up a lot of space on top of my coffee table, where I have it very pretty. :)

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:19 pm

I dumped trash today, rearranged paper crafts items & sewing stuff, to make the other 2 rooms more user-friendly. Did a lot of heavy lifting, cleaning, and I'm still not done. I'm aching this evening, I think I overdid it, but did a lot of LOL, too. I've made some reminders, to dust & sweep, and do toilets & trash, tomorrow asap. I'll take it easier this evening, will plan ahead, but also, this would be the most opportune time for me to take a legal pad with a clipboard support, to go around to each room, making notes of what needs to be done where. If I was really "smart", I've draw a line, in the left-hand margin, to date a deadline date, to complete things by, too. I'd love to get all rooms clutter-controlled, organized, so I can do "spring cleaning" done early. I guess I'm feeling this way, because our days are mostly dry and sunny, which make the disposition happier, and I feel like doing more. :idea:

Also, I'm thinking about "clutter-control" for the porch, patio, flowerbeds, etc... :mrgreen: And the garage. :)

Coming here, to this thread is very inspiring and motivating, to me. :D

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Corraled & tossed some clutter then I could mop and sweep! Ack!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”