February Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: February Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Dumped trash decluttered some on the counter have rescued mags. h. Tossed for ds.
Laundry going.
Put away seahawks decorations bag and tee shirts, a fall decoration basket to lut in the fall tote next up.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

I dropped off worn out towels and some shrunken sheets at the animal shelter today. Also boxed up some misc stuff that I had stuck in the garage for a Goodwill trip.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:17 pm

DH took the recycle and garbage up to the curb; pick-up day's on Thursdays.

I put away some yarn projects' tote bags. I tidied the dining room table again and the eating bar.

I sorted the mail and helped put away groceries.

I put away 1 LOL, I was having laying flat on our bed, as I was hanging it up and/or folding it to put away. Towels are in the dryer, to fold/put away.

I'm keeping the house up, DH vacuumed, and I did the Swiffer dust mop with End Dust sprayed on it, for our fir floors.

It's nice to keep clutter under control. I think it makes the environment more relaxing, you can think better and be much more creative. :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 pm

D Nancy and d Friend very nice getting trash out! (nancy great job decluttering those magazines)
d Friend great job on giving yourself peace by putting things away
d twins... how awesome... the shelter will truly appreciate that! great job on pulling things together for Good will
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Put away empty feed sacks.
Took out the empty wagon box.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:58 pm

I tidied my desk again, worked on the sewing room, eating bar and dining room table.

I've decided to give Ddil several scrap booking magazines, background papers, a variety of card stock colors, decorative scissors, 2 scrap books, which are in the pkg. still together, a dye cut machine, and some rubber stamps- if I find some I can part with. :o :idea: ;) I might as well bless her with all of this, because she makes cards and scrap books far more than I do, and SHE has 7 kids and a job outside the home, too! :shock: :!: :) She amazes me. She's going to be so surprised, too! She deserves it, too! In the meantime, I'll be getting my craft clutter control more manageable, and can focus on crochet and quilting projects. :idea: I know that it's a good thing, to bless her, and it means I'll have fewer things, to store now.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 pm

I have 2 good-sized boxes, I'm currently filling, for Ddil. She's getting my dye-cutter, I'll look for the book & instructions, etc... She's getting 2-set pkg. of scrap books, still wrapped. I've gone through 2 large stacks of 12" x 12" papers, she now has a 6" stack of very beautiful papers, in a huge variety of patterns, colors, some stitched on them, some embossed, and some handmade, too.

Still to sort through are:
1- stacks of card stock,
2- stacks of colored papers,
3- rubber stamps,
4- rubber stamping books,
5- scrap booking magazines.

I also plan to get a little card out for her, to write her a few lines, to give her when we give her these 2 boxes. :idea: It's going to be a huge "relief" to bless her with so many nice things. It will cut down on my crafting clutter, too. ;)

In my sewing room, I had 3 huge dark grey bins from Costco, with yellow-gold lids. They were in a stack in front of the closet, with the sofa, near the ends of the bins. I moved small bins, which were empty, to our main office, to stack inside each other, on 1 bin. I lifted, maneuvered, and finally got these 3 big bins of yarn, into the closet! :shock: It was a struggle, but I did it just fine. I moved my opened up card table where the bins once were. It has a cutting board on it, for cutting out fabric and fat quarters. It's nice to have this spare room slowly shaping up into a sewing room. I have craft things in it, too, but it's still looking more like a room where I can actually "think"-"create"-"be productive". :mrgreen:

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Over the past few days, I have let go of 2 big bags full of fabric scraps. They weren't the kind of thing anyone in my sewing group wants. We used to have some members who would ask for scraps to use in dog pillows, but they don't seem to want the scraps any more so I'm not going to take the time to haul the bags to the next meeting. Trash.

Today I found some cans in the cupboard 2 years past the "use by" date. I have not had any problems with cans 1 year past the exp-date, but it isn't worth risking 2 years past. Trash.

I'm still using my little PocketMod grid to check off the daily declutter crate and some other tracking items. It gives me a lift when all the little boxes are checked, but especially that last one for Declutter.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:37 pm

I don't have any extra room in the 2 boxes for Ddil. So she's not getting magazines, books, or rubber stamps. It's good, too, because I can look through the magazines, books, and stamps, to take my time, to seriously decide, more slowly, what I can bring myself to give to her, too. I'll be seeing them, in a couple of weeks, to give her these 2 boxes and plan to see them in either March or April again. I'll take her 1 - 2 more boxes then.

I sorted through my drawers in the master bathroom. I put the headbands, the hair combs, the scrunchies, and bun covers, all together. I tidied the 1 stack of crocheted facecloths. It only took me about 3 minutes, to do everything, and to re-stock my black and yellow bowl with fresh cotton balls. It's amazing as to what we CAN get done, when we're focused, and working fast. :mrgreen: It kinda blew me away! :o

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:23 am

I am sorry I have not been able to be here to tell you what a good job you all have been doing! Well done!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”