March Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: March Clutter Control, 2015

Postby BookSaver » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 am

WTG Harmony! I am enjoying reading about your progress.

I'm still nibbling away at boxes and piles, too. It makes me smile every time I can toss anything into the recycle bin or trash.

I'm glad to find some useful things as well. The other day I opened a box and found 3 empty 3-ring binders. I've been debating whether or not to buy some, so I found them at a good time.

I'm also finding more address labels than I will ever need. We get a page of them almost every month from various charities asking for money. I am starting to throw away all but the prettiest designs. The same for note pads, I will use the ones I think are pretty for grocery lists and will take the rest to the give-away shelf at the library.

Last night I asked DH about 3 flannel shirts. He said he would wear 2 of them but didn't really like the 3rd, so it went into the GW bag.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 am

2 unusable sets of headphones thrown out. One didn't work and the earpieces had disintegrated on the other one.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 pm

BWTG girls! I am glad I'm not in here alone.

I keep trade magazines and junk mail newspapers/ads tossed in the recycling daily as part of my daily chores and rarely come in to post about that kind of stuff. It is so much of a routine for me that I don't think of it as special decluttering. I suppose that is the objective of all this, to do it as a routine and not get into a big project because it hasn't been done regularly.

Yesterday I dropped off 3 books in the library outside bin that were for their resale room. I just put them in a bag and marked them as donation.

Last evening I rearranged a bunch of stuff in the garbage bin so that everything fit...except for the big bag of paper / shreddings from the office. I put that on top of the bin lid (something we're not supposed to do). Just now, I hid behind the blinds and watched as the truck rolled up and the guy threw the bag into the truck and then used the arm to dump the packed dumpster. He did not leave a sticker/note on the bin about the extra bag. Yay!

I have some new ideas in my head about my next decluttering. I'm sure the bulk has been pared down, so it just might get harder to find things now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 pm

I got 1 tote of spring / summer clothes tried on and sorted have some winter wear ready to go into storage. I was please that only a couple things did not fit those are in or ready to go into the trunk.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:56 am

I am so very proud of all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am

I have a number of pie plates here pie baking is not my gift so I gave half of em to toddlerN's step mom.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Mmmm pie! I can make a pretty good pastry, but I don't very often because it's high calorie. Good job, Nancy!

Today's tada's: to the garbage, 1 bin full of socks with holes. I once sat and darned but it is time consuming so I don't think I'll do that again.

To the donation bin: a box of plastic picture frames with magnets, the kind people use on refrigerators. I think they make a refrigerator look messy. BTDT. Plus, my refrig. is SS and stuff doesn't stick to the front, just a small section of the side. Also one pocketbook somebody gave me. Good condition, really old old style.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:18 pm

I posted over in PWYC land that I finally got the double file cabinet gone. It was loaded up with genealogy and stamping stuff when we moved, and once it was deposited upstairs the bottom drawer wouldn't open. I finally got dh to pry it open, probably well over a year ago and I emptied it, but dh kept insisting it was too heavy for him to move downstairs alone. Finally when ds was home, they got it downstairs and loaded it in my H onda Pilot and I asked them to take it to a neighborhood construction dumpster. Dh insisted that I should take it to the Goodwill, and it's been rattling around in my car now for weeks. Finally took it there and they said they would accept it.

As a rule, I don't like to take something that is obviously broken, but perhaps someone can fix it.

It's gone!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “The Decluttered Home”