May Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

May Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Fri May 01, 2015 5:34 pm

“Organization is what you do before you do something,
so that when you do it, it’s not all mixed up.”
― A.A. Milne

Are you following a organization plan for decluttering? Even if it's just a plan to start at one corner of a room and go around, it helps to know "where" you're going!

Harriet

Re: May Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 pm

If you’d like some partners while working:

Some of us like to use decluttering as a preceding step that can (literally) make cleaning a glide instead of a stumble. We go along with the Focus Cleaning Schedule (that link will take you to the Cleaning calendar in the Cleaning Forum, where you can also post your cleaning thoughts in the monthly threads there) and we place decluttering of each of those rooms in the week AHEAD of their Focus.

So you’ll find some May declutter partners in these rooms and areas:

Week of Apr 27 - Storage Areas decluttering (Clean in the Laundry!)
Week of May 4 – Outdoor decluttering (Clean up in the Storage Areas!)
Week of May 11 - Kitchen decluttering (Clean up Outdoors!)
Week of May 18 – Living Room decluttering (Clean up the Kitchen!)
Week of May 25 – Dining Room decluttering (Clean in the Living Room!)

Always substitute a different Focus area whenever it will match your home’s needs best.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 am

I would like to say how remarkable all of you are! I read what you did in April and it is truly inspiring! Awesome work.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 02, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm at it again. Outside today. Broken beach umbrella tossed. Yeah, I could sew the material back on to the spines...probably not ever gonna happen. It was a cheap one anyway. Stack of plastic flower pots thrown away. Didn't even know they were behind that plant... Batch of landscape material pulled up and thrown away. Terra cotta planter tossed. Bunch of clothespins thrown out, had rusty springs from being outside on coverings during frosts..should have brought them back in. China planter soaking, will go in recycling bin. I guess I could count the trimmings and one big overgrown bush with multi roots thrown away. One area (clutter) overlapped into another today (outdoor spaces). And look at that, I did decutter the outdoor area on schedule!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun May 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I got a head start on the week of 4 May. I decluttered the raspberries by taking down the bird netting and pruning some canes. Now I'm inspired to do more in the garden and to start a burn pile which will help declutter the shop and the office. :D

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon May 04, 2015 9:30 am

Yard is decluttered of about a wheelbarrow load of dandelions. We encountered the first snake of the season. Dh took its head off with a machete. My hero! :)
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Mmm raspberries!
Can you believe we don't get dandelions down here? Every other kind of weed though and all year 'round.

I took 3 long pvc water pipes that were in back of some bushes (stored there) into the shop and got out the ladder and put them up with the other pipes. I also went through the pantry and threw away anything old. 2 Jars of Macadamia nuts are gone now. They were really really old but so hard to crack the shells they just sat...and I took one and put it in DH's vice, but the nut inside tasted like vinegar :o so they are tossed. I wiped shelves as I went through things. Got rid of some plastic water bottles I'd been keeping and refilling. I had too many.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm

I put a shirt in the car trunk to donate next time I go to town.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 08, 2015 3:46 pm

I delivered an armload of fabric and jeans & shirts to the thrift shop today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 pm

LOL ellyphant, I remember when an older boy who was climbing a tree saw a snake beside me in the grass and jumped down to take off its head with his small pocket knife. I became instantly sweet on that boy! Not that I have anything against snakes that I can explain - the snake didn't do anything!

I avoided a call from KF today. Sigh. Just seems they call more and more often, and instead of appreciating the collection of donations I feel pressure to remember the dates and times they tell me.

HRH has a hope for the kitchen declutter next week that we can find a way to put all vitamins and supplements in one place and behind a closed door.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”