July Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: July Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:25 pm

For me, it's more fun and rewarding when someone is decluttering along with me. I get no kudos around here for this chore because it's not on DH's list of things which must be done. He thrives in messes! So when someone says GOOD JOB! I feel happy. However, I do notice I'm calmer when there's neatness and order around me.

The best thing I found was the money! Funny thing is, I put it right back in the same spot!
The most surprising was how much work and how long the jewelry took me.
Oddest: nothing really odd; I found much if not all of this was already on my mind to do.
The most annoying: The things I would toss with no qualms if it wasn't for DH.

I almost wish someone would come up with another list, omitting Sundays. The declutter schedule we try to use in advance of zone work just doesn't 'hit' me... and I think it's because I probably don't have a list like this one in front of me. It seems more vague...and I'm not going back in to look up each week what's next. I might make my own list of places I didn't do well, or missed or need to go through again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Is anyone interested in doing this again, say in October? And reward ourselves with Halloween candy at the end! (Just kidding....sort of.) Or we could wait until January.

We could hit 26 spots (leaving out Sundays) and I could make the list up from areas we all suggest.

If anyone is interested - leave some suggestions of places you'd like to see on the list that weren't on this last list, or your favourites from the last list that you'd like to hit again in a few months.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh, I'd do it again. Now let's see where:

Our list was more comprehensive than I thought. Hard to come up with other areas. But I thought of China Cabinet & buffet / bulletin boards / extra closets / crawl spaces/ storage sheds...outdoor spaces maybe

And some of the ones that we all have to do a lot: clothes, paperwork, cars,

But if nobody else has the inclination to do this, I might make a list for myself. And I'd say after Oct. we're into Holiday prep and time is precious then...so this might be the last time to do it for the year.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:40 pm

China cabinets were on my list too, Harmony. I love the idea of bulletin boards.

Let's shoot for October.

I'd also add purging files (either physical or computer) - I need to go through the filing cabinet and shred the over 7 years old records.

Hobby area (for me, music, for Harriet the quilting room)

Mending basket (both tidying my mending supplies as well as getting the mending done!)

Stationery stashes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:22 am

Tree branch clutter removal underway here.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:26 am

I'll try again in October! Count me in.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”