Dare to Design December

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Re: Dare to Design December

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:23 am

sherinjoy, one thing the monthly declutter threads will include for 2009 will be a declutter schedule for those who would like to join in with Indiana's Focus Cleaning threads. We did that before and Sadie mentioned in PWYC today that it had been helpful. It's just a reminder here of which room/area to declutter each week to get ready for the next week's effective cleaning. For instance, if "porch and entry" were the cleaning Focus beginning the week of Jan 5, decluttering there the week of Dec 29 would help Focus Cleaners get their spaces ready. Everyone won't choose to go along with a rotation, but for some it works well.

I, too, am a little dismayed at the time paperwork for my parents is taking. I am really hoping for the smoothing out you mentioned.

I was so grateful to be prepared for the trash pick-up Wednesday - what a blessing, because we had so much after houseguests. I thought I'd missed it and realized what a chore that would have been to struggle getting it to the municipal site ourselves - would have had to call ds23, probably. Trash pickup time is a Red Letter Moment for the homemaker!! It must be respected! :)

Good job on the dining area, happylittlemom. Things do work in the reverse order - less clutter, less anxiety. Also, January is often a relief - holiday press is past, most of us in the western hemisphere have very little outdoor work to do, so it's calm and we can THINK. :)
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”