August Clutter Control, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

August Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 am

Those of us in North America are sweltering outdoors in August. Is it a little easier to choose tasks indoors these days? What will you be decluttering, organizing, paring, donating and generally scrutinizing during the month of August?

Check out last month's July thread for our every-day-is-different
CoMpLePteLy RaNdOm 31-day Clutter Challenge (WHEW!), which resulted in so much bragging - ahem... ..chatting - that we reached 11 pages and over a hundred posts just to tell it all. To view the challenge itself, see the link in the first post of July.

We're going to do it again in October, creating our own daily challenges and "improving" :) upon this basic idea. One suggestion has been to omit Sundays to make it a little more do-able. Suggestions for particular daily challenges that might help most are welcome! A few of those were already suggested in the last few threads of July. What do YOU think? :idea:

Harriet

Re: August Clutter Control, 2015

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:14 am

If you'd like to go along with the Focus cleaning schedule, and it would help :roll: to declutter in the rooms ahead of each week, here are the rooms that are coming up in August.

week of 7/27 declutter the kitchen (Focus clean outdoors)
week of 8/3 declutter the living room (Focus clean kitchen)
week of 8/10 declutter in dining room (Focus clean living room)
week of 8/17 declutter porch/entry (Focus clean dining room)

Round 4 of 2015 Begins!

8/24 declutter bedrooms (Focus clean porch/entry)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Just keeping this all in mind as I go about. The other day I tossed a bunch of old thank you cards that I never would send (freebies we received, more suitable for business customers) and I kept the little square envelopes for use elsewhere. I tossed some cardboard boxes that were beyond reusing, even when taped together.

Got started with a small chore and ended up decluttering and cleaning whole laundry room. Extra plastic containers, bottles, etc. all tossed away. I found the fabric softener I bought leaked when I poured from the first time so put that in another bottle; consolidated liquid laundry soap and powdered. Then I cleaned all the spaces, tops of appliances, drawers in pedestals. Looks nice now.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 pm

I made 3 x 5 cards of the declutter challenge and separated them according to our declutter schedule Harriet has printed above. I will try to fit the extra 15 min in on my regular routine --- even 5 minutes at a time would be helpful!

I'm looking forward to October when we can work on the challenge as a focus.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Emptied upstairs trash cans including the kitchen today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:46 am

wishing you all happy decluttering.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:52 pm

Decluttering every day at my parents' house these days. It's surprising that there's a lot more to do, since this is something I've been working on a while. Today the trash collection found our cans chock full. So that's a success.

Have been thinking of Sunny's record keeping for declutter. That sounds simple and do-able.

Right now as "bedrooms" week begins, working on my own master bedroom.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Got the donations to the car trunk. Actually have another bag of those started, too.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”