December Declutter Challenge, 2015

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
ejagno

Re: December Declutter Challenge, 2015

Postby ejagno » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi everyone,
It's been quite a while since I've posted but life has definitely been chaos in this household. Now, without going into boring detail we went from empty nesters to caregivers for my FIL who has cancer as well as a temporary home for my oldest son and his family since their previous house sold quickly and the one they were buying fell through. This means my quiet couples home turned into an overnight family of 7.

In the midst of adding on a "father in laws" quarters to our home we discovered termite damage which meant completely removing and replacing the south and east exterior walls of our home. Two of the large rooms that have now been remodeled into a living room, office and bedroom use to be home to all of my storage and my craft room. All this stuff has to find a new place in the rest of my home. I have no clue where all of this is going to fit. I just keep tossing and donating and it's still too much stuff.

In addition to our stuff I finally had enough of 3 families worth of food crammed into my three freezers and refrigerators. Today I spent all afternoon with a heat gun thawing out the biggest freezer, tossing old stuff, cleaning and organizing it. I will get the other two freezers thawed, decluttered, cleaned and reorganized tomorrow. Then it's on to the two refrigerators. Post holiday food storage is always a pain but this year it is the absolute worst.

Harriet

Re: December Declutter Challenge, 2015

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi, ejagno. Nice to have you back posting. Wow, everything happened at once, didn't it? Sounds like you have a handle on it all, but I'm sure you have frustrations. Wonderful that your son's home did sell quickly. That was good news, at least, and because of you he has better options and a chance to breathe and think.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”