January Declutter & Organization, 2016

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

January Declutter & Organization, 2016

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm

Here we go! :D Beginning an exciting new year (366 days!) that's sure to bring clearer, more organized and welcoming space for our lovely homes. Wishing that wonderful 2016 benefit for everyone here!

In this thread, we encourage each other to commit to a MINIMUM 15 minutes a day (or the equivalent on a different schedule) of attention to the clutter that tries to take over all our homes. Sometimes, we may need a marathon! Either way, friends here are great encouragers.

Know where you want to declutter next. Then when you have the time to give, you can go right to that space and be ready. Your planning might be on paper (3x5s, calendars, project trackers) or online, such as sharing your priorities with us and staying accountable. No matter what works for you, be sure to stay on track!

Chat here about how you plan to schedule decluttering - your idea may help someone else.

blessedw2

Re: January Declutter & Organization, 2016

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Struggling in this area the most - I'm feeling like things are building up - so I am hoping to get inspiration here

Thank u d Harriet ❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:17 pm

3 feed sacks of donations left our house this year. Tossed the broken lamp & coffee pot. Gave away a book & some mags. Bagged up yarn to donate that I decluttered.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:19 pm

I have taken three groc bags of donations in this week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:00 am

Have been going along with Focus to declutter, which works for me.

The porch and entry here got completely decluttered.
I'm pleased with how all the Christmas holiday decor is stored this year.

My bedroom continues to be well decluttered because of its new secondary use as the living quarters for dd36's family when they visit.
Dd's bedroom looks better but is always in danger of relapse! She took a tall kitchen garbage bag full of clothes donations to Goodwill this month.

Our bathroom is okay - front bathroom is not always as decluttered as it should be because it just has too many roles. Dd17 has too much going on in there, and is always at a run in the mornings. I need to work on that.

In office/other room I put in a real effort of several hours. Got my sewing/cutting/ironing spaces freed up enough to enjoy some creative pursuits! Specifically "office", though - still have work to do on that!

Closets are up this week, but I haven't gotten started on that, unless you count that the Christmas storage boxes all being in order makes the master closet look much neater now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:21 pm

This month, big bag of Christmas ornaments is bagged up ready to take to GW if I ever remember to drop it off on my travels.

DH took a good usable door, was going to the Habitat resale place where we take most things like that, but they refused to take it, not because it wasn't a good door for someone, but because they had a bunch of brand new doors to get rid of. :roll:

He dropped it off at a little missionary / church along the road which takes donations to make money for their missions efforts. I have no idea what they're going to do with it, but the leader was glad to take it...and I was happy DH thought of this little place along the way. I'd never have thought of leaving anything there.

We have more "usable" building materials around here... but now that we're rethinking selling our house and building smaller, we might not have a use for this stuff (we have sinks, towel racks, etc. etc.) sigh... people we do work for always want new.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”