March Declutter and Organization, 2016

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

March Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:52 pm

This is our 100th thread topic of The Decluttered Home since we've been here (and J and C also has its 100th thread today).

What a privilege to be able to encourage each other (and admit to each other ;) ) for so long in this place. Reading and posting here has helped me express how I feel about my home and how I fight to keep clutter from overwhelming me. I have gotten helps and ideas here that have meant so much in (re)creating efficient space, and keeping my sanity. Thanks so much.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: March Declutter and Organization, 2016

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Decluttered some knitting books by donating them to the library.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Finishing up the week of Dining Room clutter for me.
Getting ready for DR cleaning starting tomorrow.

I went through a box that had been brought here from my parent's house and left with DR things. Lo and behold, it was linens, lol. :roll: Found inside dd36's bathrobe - big and fluffy. Also towels belonging to her. I had put everything into plastic bags while I was there at that house, so it was all well protected. Was able to give it to her, yay!

Rearranged the lower cabinet of my dmother's china cabinet and found that with some attention, it holds a lot more. So the area around the cabinet looks better. Found a nice set of placemats for the holidays - I've seen them before, but their green color didn't "register" with me.

If I run out of Porch and Entry decluttering to do next week (it's usually not very time consuming), I think I'll spend extra paperwork organization time for desk.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:18 pm

I found another good thread!! Yay!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39 pm

I shredded a stack of papers today they went out in the trash pick up to day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 pm

Finished up bedrooms - mostly dd's Goodwill collecting. Started bathrooms and now needing to get back into rear of vanity.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:10 am

Started a post almost an hour ago and then the power flickered and went out long enough that all of the clocks had to be reset because most of them were flicking 12:00. At least they would be right twice a day. :lol:

I am decluttering needles and pins of all things. I had SO (sew?) many needles that I will never re-use. Thought briefly of taking them to Cuba the next time I go, but that might not be for a very long time. Dh has so many other places he wants to go and he only gets 3 weeks a year of vacation time. So the needles were all wrapped very securely in tape and then a few layers of tin foil and then put deeply into the garbage. I only kept the "gold" coloured ones which I stitch with when I do actually stitch.

While I was deeply into needles and scissors and thread, I quickly repaired a seam on the edge of the couch/sofa/chesterfield. We have had that piece of furniture since September of 2014 and it took me this long to make a repair that took less than 15 minutes.

Now I have a film canister almost full of straight pins. I will just tape the entire container shut and then wrap it in tin foil and dispose of it deeply in the garbage near the needles. They are all old and not worth thinking about trying to donate or save. Why did I keep them for so long?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”